heater isn't always pushing warm air??

Scott-Atah

OK so it's getting cold up in canada 16F today. So i like my heater, but i've noticed when i come to a stop the heater stops puttin out warm air...but when i'm going on the highway seems the quicker i'm going the warmer the air will be within reason.

Yet sometimes when i hit hte command start the car still warms up while in park.

Any ideas?

Check your coolant level and for an air bubble in the coolant system. Not saying checking the coolant overflow either.....radiator coolant level being low can cause this.

Well..

Thats how I knew the head gasket monster got me. I didn't know it right away, but after we tore the engine apart I bent 3 rods from restarting it.

Duffy Floyd said:
Check your coolant level and for an air bubble in the coolant system. Not saying checking the coolant overflow either.....radiator coolant level being low can cause this.
Yup. Even if its just a bit low, it can affect the heater. Mine's been working great since I replaced the water pump which had a slow leak, and burped the system properly. When filled properly, it will actually run a bit hotter too, so don't freak out.

hmm i'd say you'll probably be right, i remember looking at my engine the other day...as if i knew what i was doing or lookin for or something...and i was thinkin hmm coolant level seems low, but i didn't have any fluid to put in there at the time so i just haven't worried about it. Guess i'll go pick up some fluid tommorrow and toss it in!

thanks

16 F!!! I am on my way out to Calgary tomorrow now I'm not looking forward to leaving this 18 C weather here in Ontario! Did it snow out there? I guess I should go through my bags again and make sure that I bring more warm clothes:(

Back