Torque Converter drain?

Blown95

So, it is time to do a tranny flush/fill. Going to do it myself this time, because I now have a garage and my mechanic charged me about $170 last time.
Going to do the drain via an extension hose from cooler at the front of the car, and going to replace the filter and gasket as well.
Now when it comes to draining the TC, can I have the front of the car up on some ramps? For that matter, when draining the tranny via the cooler, can I have up on the ramps at that time?
Or does it need to be level to properly drain?

Or should I just bite the bullet and take it to my mechanic and have him do it for the another $170?

Blown95

As far as the TC goes, the fluid will drain just fine with it up on ramps. I drained my tranny through the pan so I don't know about how well it will go through the return line.

You are going to change the filter anyway, right? The only thing that draining through the line will get you is that the pan will be below the gasket when you remove it, making it just a bit easier. To me though, it's just as easy as messing around with the lines.

Back