m5r2 transmission question

92redsc

for all of you that have been following my troubles, i figured out that the wire was shorting and sending a surge of electricity and blowing my coil pack. fix the short, got the coil pack warrantied again and 3 days and 30 miles later, +++. my 5 speed is really hard to shift into gear. youll have shove it in really hard, and 1 out of 5 or 6 times it pops out of gear like its not fully engaged. ive missed two shift at speed also. and yes the clutch is all the way in. it makes a cliking noise every once in a while at idle and when you let off the gas, and it sounds like its coming from the front of the transmission. i was thinking mabey a cracked flywheel because when it clicks at idle, the tach moves a little. are these problems related? thanks guys.

Odd that it happens after your previous problems. Are you sure there is hydraulic fluid in the resevoir? If it is low it will be hard to get in gear, but that doesn't explain it popping out of gear or clicking noise. Maybe a bad pressure plate would make a clicking noise, but popping out of gear? Hmmm just throwing out ideas since no one has chimed in yet for ya..

o Transmission Jumps Out of Gear

Possible Source(s):
§ Stiff shift boot. Improper fit of form isolation pad.

Action(s) to Take:
§ Replace shift boot if exceptionally stiff. Replace or rework pad to provide clearance.

Possible Source(s):
§ Loose transmission-to-engine mounting bolts or loose levers.

Action(s) to Take:
§ Tighten transmission-to-engine block bolts to specification. Loosen all bolts and reseat flywheel housing. Tighten all bolts. Tighten levers if necessary.

Possible Source(s):
§ Flywheel housing engine crankshaft out of line.

Action(s) to Take:
§ Shim or replace housing as required.

Possible Source(s):
§ Crankshaft pilot bearing worn.

Action(s) to Take:
§ Replace bearing.

Possible Source(s):
§ Interior components damage.

Action(s) to Take:
§ Disassemble transmission. Inspect the synchronizer sleeves for free movement on their hubs. Inspect the synchronizer blocking rings for widened index slots, rounded clutch teeth and smooth internal surface. Check countershaft cluster gear for excessive end play. Check shift forks for worn or loose mounting on shift rails. Check fork pads for excessive wear. Inspect synchronizer sliding sleeve and gear clutch teeth for wear or damage. Service or replace as required.

Possible Source(s):
§ Worn gear teeth due to partial engagement.

Action(s) to Take:
§ Replace worn or damaged gears.

o Transmisson Shifts Hard

Possible Source(s):
§ Clutch does not completely release.

Action(s) to Take:
§ Refer to «Section 08-00».

Possible Source(s):
§ Transmission fluid low or improper type.

Action(s) to Take:
§ Add or change lubricant as required.

Possible Source(s):
§ Worn or damaged internal shift mechanism.

Action(s) to Take:
§ Remove transmission cover. Check internal shift mechanism by shifting into and out of all gears. Service or replace as required.

Possible Source(s):
§ Binding of sliding gears and/or synchronizers.

Action(s) to Take:
§ Check for free movement of gears and synchronizers. Service or replace as required.

Possible Source(s):
§ Housings and/or shafts out of alignment.

Action(s) to Take:
§ Remove transmission and check for binding condition between input shaft and engine crankshaft pilot bearing or bushing. Check flywheel housing alignment. Service or replace as required.

thanks

what i mean by popping out i like, youll throw it as hard as you can, but it will not fully engage so when you let the clutch out it pops back out. it feels wierd when you shift it to like it will stop like its all the way in, but when you put more pressure on it it pops another place in to fully engage. wierd huh? im probly gonna pull the tranny tomarrow and see whats up. i think the flywheel is broken or craked or out of line, because thats where the clicking is comming from kinda up in that area.

Back