will i have problems with emissions test??

stephens89sc

im worried about my TPS sensor and my IAC sensor, i think they are acting up..... my car is having troubles starting once its warm and it also sometimes has trouble idling when its warm when i restart. i unplugged my IAC sensor when the car was running and it stalled the car, so im guessing thats workin...... when i unplugged my TPS sensor when the car was running nothign happend, it ran the same. i just took off my throttle body and inspected my iac and tps sensor and cleaned them..... nothign has changed except now i get the orange Check Engine light when i turn the car on.... wtf why is that coming on....

my main question is will a malfunctioning TPS and IAC sensor effect my emmisions readings????

Not usually. The only thing the TPS does it tell the EEC you're at full throttle. The IAC reacts to the signal from the EEC to control the idle speed. The mixture of air and fuel and timing and the cats control the emissions. Vaccuum leaks can cause problems with both idle and emissions.

The check engine light means the EEC has found a problem, and has a hard or intermittent code to offer. Read the code, and see if it gives you a lead.

so i just ran codes and code 63 came up the book sais thats "

Code 63---------Throttle Position (TP) circut fault, below minimum voltage."

so having that problem will not effect my emmisions ????

Yes Stephen a faulty TPS will cause you problems.
The TPS does far more than tell the comp your at full throttle.
Problem is you probably set that code by pulling off the wires.
Why do people do that? You create more problems by doing that than you help.
Go to www.fordfuelinjection.com and learn about the system and what all the parts do before you start trying to troubleshoot your problem. At this point do not reset the comp or you may never get a code for a bad TPS if in fact it is bad. Go to the site and learn why.

Back