Tranny flush machines

Blown95

What is your take on them? The ones the shops use to push out the old tranny fluid and pull in the new fluid. Do they do a complete job?

I have had this done 2 or 3 on my car since I owned it. Not sure what fluid they used, but I would assume, Miii. I want to put in the Mv now. would the machine properly change the fluids out?

Never mind the above post....
Found this, and I will never have them touch another tranny of mine.

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/filter_man_council01.pdf

Blown95

Last edited:
tranny machine

When I worked at Jiffy Lube back in 1997 they were bringing in that machine. I really didn't like the fact that the dirty filter in the tranny doesn't gets changed. It was pretty cool to watch it though. As it pumped in new fluid you could see the old fluid being pumped out.

Thats good info that I've known for a long time, glad to see someone publish it.
I've never understood why alot of people beleive that you dont need to change the fluid for the life of the tranny, but thousands do. That was probably started by the tranny shop boys.;)

i have this special pump. it comes with like 4 types of hoses. It holds 8 quarts of liquid. You pretty much pump the TRANNY OIL out of it and when your done you can replace the oil filter and check down there for any funny stuff. I have done an oil change to the transmission like twice since i got it. Works pretty damn well for me.

MIKE 38sc said:
Thats good info that I've known for a long time, glad to see someone publish it.
I've never understood why alot of people beleive that you dont need to change the fluid for the life of the tranny, but thousands do. That was probably started by the tranny shop boys.;)

There was a HUGE, ummm, discussion about this somewhere. I think maybe it was over on the Corral.

Anyway, one of the never-change-it camp was using word of mouth from some engineer he knows that works at one of the manufacturers. I believe the primary concern he said the engineer had was contamination of the lubricant with debris during the change.

Oh well yeah that explains it! We would'nt want to take a chance of accidentaly getting some minute amount of dirt in there by changing the fluid with clean fluid now would we?
I swear....some of these so called proffesional people could'nt find there own ***'s with both hands! But they can damn sure tell you how the world rotates.:rolleyes:

Back