Hahah I Got It Off!!

Killer SC

well this isn't big for anyone else, BUT I GOT THE DAMN BLOWER OFF!!!!, hahah feels good! boy was it messy though, my hands were black, my blower was definitly leaky.

Next will be that bracket with the alt, and power steerting pump. any advice?

Nice work Alex.

As for the bracket, Do you remeber the 2 bolts I pionted out to you. The 2 that have a black bracket bolted to the water pump? Lossen and remove the 2 bolts, or studs whick ever they are, then go to Canadain Tire and rent the P/S pulley pulley. Take off your I/C. the remove the P/S puley. Now there are 4 bolts holding that bracket to the block and heads. Remove tham and it should come right off. Yoy may need an extra set of hands to hol d the brack while you ar elossening the bolts, its kinda heavy for one guy.

Killer SC said:
well this isn't big for anyone else, BUT I GOT THE DAMN BLOWER OFF!!!!, hahah feels good! boy was it messy though, my hands were black, my blower was definitly leaky.

Next will be that bracket with the alt, and power steerting pump. any advice?

No matter what anyone tells you, you don't have to take the P/S pulley off! Just use a universal on your socket and you can get to all 4? bolts/nuts.

well that'll be this weekend then, I'll get the pulley puller, as for extra set of hands, my dad may come in handy but if he ain't here I may need a hand, can anyone come by for a little bit?

ps- ryan you have mad typing skills:D

ps- ryan you have mad typing skills

HAHAHAHA, no I don't. I don't see how or why that was a double post? oh well, I'll delete it.

I may be able to help out, what do you think you give it a try? I'm realyl busy and sick right now, so I may not be of muck help to you.

Opps I almost forgot. There is a bolt, from the lower I/C tube to the bracket as well.

Yes it is totally possible to remove the bracket without taking off the P/S pulley, but if you do go the route I was talkign about, you can remove the brace(from behind the P/S pulley to the W/P) and throw it away. Now down the road, if you need to change your water pump, you can do so without removing tht bracket.

Damm Ryan, you beat me to it. I was going to mention the same thing! Take that bracket and throw it into your neighbours evestrough.

Or you can do what FORD should have done, drill a hole in that black bracket once you get it off, that way if you decide to keep the bracket, you have an acess hole to that bolt behind it.

axlr8r said:
Damm Ryan, you beat me to it. I was going to mention the same thing! Take that bracket and throw it into your neighbours evestrough.
hahah, or i could throw it in their new hot tub.

Back