will 3.8 supercharger fit 5.0

agotay84

I need to know if there's any way to make a supercharger from a supercoupe fit a 92 5.0. some one told me that it's the same unit used on the lightning, cobra, and gtp grandprix so I figured if it mounts to all those engines theres got to be a way to make it fit on my 5.0 bird. please E-mail me at Agotay84@aol.com thanx

I need to know if there's any way to make a supercharger from a supercoupe fit a 92 5.0. Sure it could be done but you would have to make a custom intake manifold for the engine. Then you would have to figure out all the brackets and plumbing and belt drives and such. Not an easy job or something cheap to do. Better have a big pile of money or you need to be a first class fabricator.

some one told me that it's the same unit used on the lightning, cobra, and gtp grandprix so I figured if it mounts to all those engines theres got to be a way to make it fit on my 5.0 bird. Dont beleive everything you hear. Whoever told you that does'nt even have a clue. The Lightning and Cobra use a larger Eaton blower than the SC. The Grandprix blower is a cousin to the SC blower but even its different and not the same. Ask those people that told you that stuff how to do the install. I bet they dont even have a clue.

Yeah it can be done. Over on the Corral a guy by the name of AlexLTDLX installed one in his LTD LX. Here's a link to a thread that has links to some video of the thing running somewhere. Search there for his name and there are some more detailed pics running around but you'll have to find them :)

Back