start-up woses! Please Help!

quick35th

Ok, I know you guys are tried of hearing my problem over and over again, but I want to correct it because it is just bothering me. For those of you that know my problem or not here is a recap; When I first start the car up it stumbles and dies unless I put my foot on the gas. Then when I turn it over for a second time it fires right up like nothing had ever happend. I was told that it could be fuel related so I got a pressure gauge and it checked out to be fine. Also had the car on the dyno and the air/fuel was at a nice 12:1 at WOT so I think we can safley rule out a fuel problem. Next, I had not thought about it as a problem, but when I did my BHJ balancer I replaced the crank sensor too. I'm not sure but I think that the sensor and the peice on the back of the balancer might be rubbing. Could that be my cause of my start-up woses? If so what is the best way to correct the problem without removing the balancer? Things I've already replaced: Crank sensor, cam sensor, DIS, IAC(with a Ford unit), TPS, fuel filter, NGK plugs, and the ACT. One thing that does thow need replaced is the spark plug wires. They are so old looking. Could plug wires be my problem? I really appreciate any and all help I get because I really want to fix this problem soon before it drives me nuts!

Thanks!
Shane

Replace the plug wires. You can't troubleshoot a system with a known bad part.

You don't need to remove the dampener to change the crank sensor. A 1/4" ratchet, swivel joint and a few extensions will get it out. All you need to do is turn the engine over by hand to line up the sensor with an opening in the vane wheel.

The hardest time to ignite the mixture is on a cold startup, so if you have bad wires it could easily cause your issue

Aaron

Back