03 Cobra Turbo Kit

JJanney

pg 120 in MM&FF December issue

Check out the trick upper. :)

They removed the rotors and snout and just closed the snout off. The Eaton blower case is the upper plenum for the intake. Pretty interesting idea.

Looks like something Manny would dream up.

Hmmmm......

Holy MOLY!!!
Just think what that could do for our birds!!!:eek:

Well, scratch that! We couldn't keep the head gaskets from blowing!:eek:

Dirtybird91

A turbo kit would be fine for our cars. It has been discussed many times before.

As for whether or not this idea would work, I'd say no. Not unless you were running something along the lines of say Manny's inverted setup. Remember the Cobra's blower exits downward into an IC, ours does not. It'd be like trying to blow through a really small straw.

As for whether or not this idea would work, I'd say no. Not unless you were running something along the lines of say Manny's inverted setup. Remember the Cobra's blower exits downward into an IC, ours does not.

On an SC turbocharging would work better using a 3.8 NA intake manifold, wich will bolt right on. MAF and TB would be plumbed after the Turbo with a BOV between the turbo and MAF. Pretty much the way a centrifical supercharger is plumbed on a 3.8 NA.

Since the turbo is before the MAF and TB, you wouldn't need the large openings we need for the supercharger intake. You could probably make more HP than I'm am now using an 85mm TB with only a 70mm since the air will be under pressure.

David

David, I agree. I was only mentioning a way to imitate the 03 Cobra Turbo setup. If you take a look at the picture, you will see what I mean.

Hey I saw the same thing and had a HUGE question! They say its good for 400 HP. Does the mean the car made 400, with the turbo, or 390+400? If its just making 400, you can spend a couple hundred bucks and get more than that. Now if its making 790, it would be well worth the price of that kit.

It probably is making around 400 right now. But, upping the boost would definitely result in a much higher hp. Brian said he dyno'd an 03 turbo Cobra and made like 680+.

thats so sick:cool:

im not a big mustang fan since you see one every time you turn a corner, but something original like this really gets a big thumbs up from me:D

You could do that on an SC using teh SC stock IC...Why I dont know..Howwver youd pick up a few HP just by not having to run teh SC

Back