heads up on greyhound shipping company

JustinH

I just wanted to spread a word of warning about Greyhound Bus Freight Services.

Here's the scoop.

I ordered a rear bumper cover from a 95 supercoupe from a guy I know in Texas. I have dealt with him several times, and has been great. Anyway, I was talking to him and asking if he knew of a way to ship the bumper because UPS or Fedex say it is too big for them to handle. He came about greyhound bus freight through doing some searches, and a coworker of his had dealt with them before without a problem a few years back.

So, he sent the bumper to me in New York with their "express" service. It had a estimated time of 7-10 business days. He telephoned me and emailed me a scan of the receipt, and told me to telephone the greyhound station to arrange pickup on such and such a date.

So, I leave work early and call them up to arrange pickup. I ask if the package had arrived, and the guy tells me "just come down and pick it up". So, I leave work early to pick it up because they are only open until 2pm or something like that. So, I drive to a shady part of downtown buffalo, and pay for parking and get lost and finally find the bus depot.

I go to the freight department and ask to pick up the package. The guy I am talking to seems to have no idea what i'm talking about. I guess the guy I had spoken two had just left. The staff there really had no idea what was going on, instead of bringing up a package on the computer and retreiving it, the clerk asked me "how big the package was" and then searched a warehouse room for it. Anyway, they say that they "can't find" the package, and I was pretty mad because I was told otherwise on the phone. Anyway, I leave my name and number with the desk clerk idiot and he promises to "call me" when it arrives. For some reason i knew this idiot wasn't going to call anyone.

Of course he never telephones me. I call them back in a week and they say the package was there, but they shipped it back because I never claimed it.

So then I call the shipper in Texas and he makes a few calls to customer service. He calls me back saying he's never been so ticked off in his life. No one knows where the bumper is, since they have no tracking number system for packages. They also told him that he could not file a insurance claim for one month, because it "might" show up.

So, he finally filed for the insurance claim, and the greyhound company dragged their feet for the past 5 and a half months on this deal. By law they must issue a check in six months time, and every time I or him called, they made us full aware of this that they would take the full time alloted by law.

So, I have to wait six months to get insurance money for a stupid tbird bumper. I'm kind of glad I am getting money instead of the bumper because I don't even own the car anymore.

So, the bottom line is draw your own conclusions, but I would stay away from this unorganized unprofessional shipping company.
JH

Thanks for the "heads-up" Justin because I have considered greyhound in the past since they are right up the road from my house.:cool:

Dirtybird91

That's weird on this one...

I have shipped a few things with Greyhound and each and every time the job was done right. They are the only people to take large objects just as you said, but it must all come down to the people at the other side of the desk.
I would like to hear from anyone else that has used them and see what they have to say...I was happy and so were the people who got their stuff.
It is hard to send some of the parts we all need and want and Greyhound is about the only game in town when it comes to these large parts....
Lets hear it either way so we all can see for sure which way it is......Rich

Ive used them a couple of times and had no problems whatsoever. Every shipping co is going to mess up from time to time, its just really upsetting when its you that it happens to.
I once sent some custom made A arms to a fella and I had alot of time in those arms but UPS lost them. Thats the only problem I've ever had with UPS. Fedex? I'm not even gonna get started, but I'll NEVER use those lying cheating SOB's again in this lifetime!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My dad says he uses Greyhound all the time for his company when he's suppose to recieve/mail blueprints. He says he has lost several items and there's things he does and does not like about them. He also said FedEx is a PITA and UPS, I'm Not sure what he said about ups but he says around here, greyhound is the way to go. I never use any mailing/shipping services so i wouldn't know... thats why i talked to my dad about it. Thats all i can put in.

Back