ABS - help please

J

Joisey Jim

Last week my passenger side rear wheel was sqeeking badly. I removed the wheel and found that the outer pad had partially broken away from some of the rivets. I took the Raybestos pads back to PepBoys and they replaced them under warranty. I screwed the piston back in and installed the new pads. The face of the rotor also looked ok. Now I still have a mild sqeek and the ABS light is on all the time (no brake light). The brakes work ok and having saved several forum articles about the system problems, I'm rather confused about what might be wrong and the various component names - Hydraulic Control Module, Hydraulic Actuator Assembly, Accumulator, ABS Control Relay. Pump, etc. I have an Equas digital code reader and not sure if it reads the ABS, but I'll give it a try tomorrow.
Any ideas what could be wrong. Duffy I believe is the expert on these units. It's a '93 - 5 speed, so I assume it has the TEVES Mark IV?
Thanks, Joisey Jim.

I'll try

it is different system then 89-92 ..but I would guess it's something up with the rear wheel sensor...and maybe the metal from the brake pad ...have magnetized them selves to the sensor ...if you didn't have this problem before I would look around that wheel sensor ..dave

Back