abs and brake light

ThunderDave

I replaced the accumulator on my 91 SC a few months back. Since then, when cranking the car when the motor is cold, the abs and brake light come on and after 10-15 seconds go out. When the car is hot or warm, they don't come on. The brakes have worked fine since the replacement of the accumulator and this is the only time those lights come on. Could it be the pump or something else?

David

normal

sounds pretty much normal .....on start up 10-15 seconds ...for the system to pressurize is good ...it's when the lights don't go out ...your in trouble ....want to see the lights when it hot [warmed up] ...pump the brake peddle about 20 times ...then start the car...that will depressurize the system ...lights will be on till system pressurizes again ...so no worries ...dave

lights

Ok, thanks! Just wanted to make sure it was normal and that there were no other problems. The light didn't come on like that before replacing the accumulator, so I thought I'd find out if it was normal. Thanks for the info.

David

MercsSC - do me a favor and look at my question " ABS - help" 0n page 3 to see if you have any suggestions.
Tx,Jim.

Back