Can someone help me find my missing gears?

Mike Puckett

SCCoA Member
I can't believe it! I missed 3 shifts today, two 3rds and a 2nd. I've never done that before. One was on my bye run so no problem. On the 2nd one the young lady I was running broke out, so no problem. But the 3rd one, 2nd gear, was in the finals and probably cost me the race and a 1st place trophy as I had him off the line. I got the runner up trophy but it just isn't the same. I won 8 in a row for the day and had a best time of a 12.953 and ran 3-13.0's. It was a mulligan race and you could use your mulligan on any race but the finals. The other finalist, a 97 quad cam Mustang Cobra, and myself were the only ones who didn't have to use our mulligans. I was just lucky until it ran out.
The worst part was on the way home though. I came up to a stop and go line of traffic and crept through until I came to the cause of it, a gut wrenching wreck. The car was unidentifiable and burnt to a crisp. I just know someone was killed. Oh my God, it was so sad to see. That is the 2nd time I've come across a wreck like that.

3rd

I have the same problemo. Don't shift with your elbow on the council. Bring it to the inside of your chest and shift pushing out just a hair.

Byrun

My guess would be a bye run. Like in a class with odd number competiters. some one gets to the next round for free.

For the mulligan you buy your buy back round at the gate and can use it on any round where you lose and not just the 1st or 2nd round as is customary. Normally, if you lose in either the 1st or 2nd round but not both you can pay $10 and run until you lose again or reach the final round. I've never seen it before either but I kind of like the idea. Had this been a points race I would have won enough points to catch back up to a tie for 1st. I took the newly crowned champ out in the 3rd round. Oh well there's always next year.
On the missing shifts, I don't have the console in anymore. I think it's just old age and I'm getting out of sync. A little excitement, too, perhaps?

Back