ALTERNATIVES to SUPERCHARGE OIL

darkstar_one

any alternatives besides FORD for the SUPERCHARGER oil.

how bout something from like a YAMAHA SUPER BIKE. I mean dont they rev out like at 15,000 RPMS??? shouldnt that hold out?

trying not to get ripped off here... let me know

Try a Pontiac dealership, GM charges 1/2 of what Ford does for the fluid and its the same stuff.
If you live near an airport Jet turbine engine oil is the same stuff.
I think they get $15.00 for a quart, but you have to take your own container and they'll fill it from a barrel. You can fill alot of those little bottles with a quart.;)

I dont Use But....

I was curious of this also.. so I went to the Ford dealership......the guy told me they just put regular 5w/30 when they need to top one off.....i don;t go that way though.........i go to GM and buy theirs....plus i mix alittle bit of Mystery Oil I get from my Work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvel Mystery Oil

Marvel Mystery Oil is GREAT for un-freezeing a seized engine!!!!! Just pour about 1/4" on top of all the pistons, & the next day the engine will roll over.

Dunno how that stuff is at 22,000 rpm though!

BTDT!!!!!!!!

68COUGAR

This thread covers most of the fluids people have used. (Disregard the WD40 and 90w gear oil posts!)

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14521

You need a fluid that has a low volatility. In the closed system, if a fluid evaporates too fast, it can blow the seal. I've used the Redline Power steering fluid on a leaky blower, but always go back to the stock fluid once the seal is replaced.

That sure is good to know that jet oil can be used in our superchargers being that I work in general aviation and can get cheap. Thanks for the info guys.

Back