SC belt walking off

Jason Wild

Has any one had the SC belt walk off? I have an ESM 5% over drive I have looked at the belt and everthing looks ok.
Has this happend to others?

Jason

Never had problems with the SC belt, but my accessory belt was walking off the alternator pulley and it turned out to be a worn out/misalligned tensioner assy.

David

Do you have the ESM idler pullies as well? I ask because I wore a little groove in one of mine and it was causing a belt to walk off. I went through like 4 belts before I found the problem, and everything was aligned just fine.

I have a feeling the tensioner pulley is gone it not an ESM it's just the stock one still that I will be changing out to day. The belt walked off to the blower side. Lets just say a brand new belt is now crap.
Thanks Guys

I would make sure u put the pulley on right beacause if it is on the wrong way the belt will be off just alitte bit. That would be my guess cause the first time i installed a 5% overdrive pulley i ran into the same problem and then i felt stupid haha. let me know what u find out.

MAtt

I should have said the pulley has been on for about 4 months now and this has just started to happen

Back