Egr Sensor?

superN8

ok there is a GRAY sensor on the back of the intake with a connector and a vacuum line. the one on my car has the nipple for the vac line broken off. I am wondering what this sensor is for. It is not the MAP sensor like someone told me here before. Just wondering if anyone knows. I was thinking maybe something with egr?

PFE sensor.

the relay for the EGR. senses perssure gets a signal then sends it to EEC to open EGR via a blocker valve with a vac line.

That goes from the EGR Pipe (along the firewall) to the EGR sensor via a silicone hose on your 90 5speed. Without it being connected, you will get a code (33, I think) and you will get detonation under boost with a lack of power.
It is a real pain to get to because the cowl is in the way and there is no space to get your hand in there. The broken piece is most likely dangling on the end of the silicone hose. I'd try to remove the grey sensor as well as the piece in the hose and repair the broken nipple with some epoxy, just make sure you don't glue the hole closed. Failing that, you'll have to get another sensor. Others may say to block off the entire EGR but I don't have any info on that. Good luck

IS THIS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE??

IS THIS WHAT YOUR SENSOR LOOKS LIKE? IF SO ITS THE EGR SENSOR.

Attachments

• egr.jpg
    egr.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 120
IS THIS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE??

IS THIS WHAT YOUR SENSOR LOOKS LIKE? IF SO ITS THE EGR SENSOR.

Attachments

• egr.jpg
    egr.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 104
Back