Turkey Run and Web Update

JJanney

Web Page is updated with the names that I got from RJ and from TJ.

Also, Turkey Run is coming up really soon. Anyone have plans on heading up to Daytona? Let me know, I can help iron out driving plans and such stuff. Maybe Dan and I can throw out heads together and figure out a decent place for lunch. (TGIFridays?, it's close to the Speedway)

I'm not going to get to go this year guys, I'll be leaving the 22 of november for Illinois to take stuff up to my Aunt and Uncle, be back the 6th of December..

sorry bout that..

RJ

Well, I hope you'll have a good time up in Illy.

Also, I just added TJ's picture to the Members section, just click his car type and you'll see him and his bitchin' red SC. I like his hood.

JJ, Kev and I have gone to the show/swap meet on Saturday together , for the last 2-3 years and will likely do the same this year. If anyone wants to hook up with us, or meet for dinner that night (Sat) afterwards in Daytona, let me know. We usually get there by 9-10 a.m. and stay till ~4 p.m. It's a long day of walking, but there's a lot to see.

There is a Hooters directly across from the Speedway, but that's likely to be packed. TGI or another place a few miles away might be a better choice. I will think on that.

If anyone wants to come up from far away, I can put a couple people up for a night or 2 (spare bedroom and a couple comfy couches ). Don't be afraid to ask. I'm about 13 miles from the speedway as the crow flies, or about 20 minutes driving.

Last edited:
Maybe the Winghouse, it is right off I-95 and would be an easy place for people to leave from.

Is Saturday the "better" day to go? I probably will be able to make it for one day only, not both.

TJ, thanks, I forgot to upload the image. It works now.

If you check out the events page, you will find the dates and a link to the Turkey Run page. Nov 27-30

Dan, you'll have to look for my buddy that lives in Ocala. He and his brother(s) go almost every year. Unfortunately, his brother just sold his 600 cu in '32 5 Window Coupe, so I don't know what he will drive. Chris will probably be in his '55 Nomad Wagon. I hope I can make it down one of these years.

Kurt, it goes without saying- if you ever do and need a place to crash...well, y'know. :)

(Kurt's remembering how I live by a train right about now...lol).

Kurt's remembering how I live by a train right about now...lol
Like I'm going to hear a train in my drunken stupor :) You'll be lucky if I find the right bed! (or maybe I'll be lucky).

Anyway, I'll definitely keep that in mind for future Turkey Rod Runs (especially since it's practically in your back yard).

ah yes, the infamous 3am "CLANKEDY CLANKEDY CLAKNEEDY CLANKEDY CLAMK WWWWWOOOOO WWWWWWOOOOOOO"

at one point i thought i was actually ON the train, not in bed lol j/k

dan im gonna do my best to get that saturday off, and drive up on friday night.

Not this year but my falcon will be ready for next year so ill be ready then. I cant wait to hear that v8 start for the first time!!!

I'm thinking of going tomorrow. I'll try to get there before noon.
Where exactly do you go? Is It free?

Someone...HELP!

Last edited:
Just head towards the Speedway, and follow the lines of cars going into it. Once you get parked, follow everyone and they'll be heading towards a ticket booth. Was $10 per adult last few years. I think it's 8 a.m. till 4 still.

My plans got changed, Pete, Kevin H and I will be there on Sunday 10 am -ish FWIW.

ok dan heres the scoop... ive been cleared to leave work at 3pm today.... and i dont have to go to best buy to fight all the bs to get that receiver for $79... i had been monitoring bestbuy.com and it always said it wasnt available for order, but yesterday on my lunch hr i checked into it again... it was available for $99 and a $20 rebate just like the store.. so i said the hell with going and fighting the crowds, ill buy it online, get free shipping so i pay the same price, and wait 5 days or so to get it (gonna be in daytona this whole weekend anyway ;) , why do i need it?)
so yeah, i won the quest... i still gotta go get speaker wire and a RCA to headphone jack adaptor for my pc, and maybe another svideo cable, but that stuff can be had at wallmart at 2am or something without mr and mrs soccermom and dad going apeshit over the latest elmo toy:rolleyes:

anyway, ill see ya this evening sometime, and ill bring that turkey too.

Back