delayed shift--auto 94SC

talon660

Would bad motor mounts cause a delayed shift from P to D or either of those to R at idle? I am sick of having to wait while it shifts and the FORD mech. didn't know what it was. It takes up to 3 sec. to engage before I can go, and then the idle drops below 500. I know one side is collapsed on the mount (tab is resting on cage) but I can't afford new mounts right now. Could anything else be causing this? I don't think I have a vac leak, and this car is in tune with many new maintenance parts.:confused:

I've had it serviced twice in the past year by Ford just to be sure, and I always check fluid levels. How do I check fluid pressure? Shifts fine otherwise. . .except when accelerating hard out of a sharp curve, it revs up, then hits first gear hard (takes its time engaging) like it's fluid-starved.:confused:

If you haven't check out the trans article on TCCoA. I think the problem under hard cornering is an issue that can be fixed by swapping to the new style pan and filter with the sump.

I don't know about the slow ebngagement though if the fluid is fine. I think a shop will have to check the pressure, they need to put a gage on one of the ports on the side of the trans.

Back