question for duffy abs on my 90

snair

ive followed all of the trouble shooting guides i could find here and this is what i have. 90sc was hit by truck. abs and brake lights stay on. hardpedal. replaced accumulator. checked voltage on # 3 pin abs relay, checked voltage on #2 pin abs relay both showed 13.7. tried to jump motor with 12 guage wire. pins #3 and #4. nothing happened. pease help before i go crazy!!! thanks alot kent

ps

ps duffy. i hooked my code scanner to the abs port in the trunk and it just gives a continuous beep and light. no codes at all.

If you unplugged the connector at the HCU and jumpered the pump motor directly to the battery, Grey/red to the +, and the solid grey to the frame, and it didn't turn, then the pump motor itself is bad.

You can have the whole thing rebuilt from prior, or try to replace the motor yourself. PartsAmerica has a listing for a rebuilt motor, don't know how good they are.

The ABS computer doesn't know anything about the relay, motor, or other stuff. It can tell you if a sensor is out or if a solenoid valve is not functioning, but thats about it.

I agree......the pump motor does not seem to be running and needs to be replaced. Jumpering Pins 3 and 4 bypasses the Anti Lock Pressure Switch so you can eliminate that as a cause.

thanks alot you guys now i just need to find a motor. i found a master cylinder assy in a local junk yard. it was a 89 lincoln. the price lis said 29.00 for a master cylinder with booster. after i took it out of the car they said 100.00 so i left it there. does anyone know where i can get a motor for it?

interchangability

do you guys know what the differences would be from my 90 sc and an 89 lincoln master cylinder assy. what other cars would have this teves system. thanks.

Back