Motor & Tranny Is Perfect

Randy N Connie

I don't know what to think.My motor runs perfect the tranny shifts
like it has had $5000.00 dollars stuck in to it.

I am lost I don't know what to do.

And it only took two years .

MIKE38 what should I do?This is part of your fault for saying how to fix things.

BORED RANDY

Last edited:
Randy,

Okay...now that you've got it all straightened out, it's time to do some more mods. How about a set of steg heads and a real nasty cam ?

David

Sale it. if you can even find a buyer.

It is only gonna go down in value. So get out while the getting is good and get something that is fast no matter how many mods you do it will never be as fast as something with more Cu In. LOL perhaps a downpayment on a new car. Good to see you are rolling hope it is all you thought it would be.

MOTOR AND TRANNY IS PERFECT

RANDY, not to worry ist an sc something has to go wrong. I am still struggling with this damn car.

stocker 89 You know your probably right..

I was in Clinton,IL. at the SVT dealer and was looking at a lighting truck,They offered me
$8000.00 for my SC, if I would trade for this 2002 lighting.They wanted $20,000.00
for the truck.If I would of had the $12,000.00 my SC would of been gone .

RANDY

motor and tranny is perfect

I wouldnt have another sc for free. When I get this car running I am going to trade it for a horse and shoot the horse! I went to pep boys and priced a fuel pressure gauge, vaccum gauge and a code scanner hows three hundred sound. Without some tools to figure whats wrong with this car I am dead in the water. I want a 1969 torino 390 4 speed. carburator with a points ignation. All these computers, sensors, chips and all have me defeted.

SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what happens the minute you say everything is running right......Murphy's Law!!

Enjoy it while you can!!

Mark
'93 SC

Carefull Randy........That kind of talk has been know to attract bad Juu Juu.....Then Mr. Murphy MOVES into your house for an undisclosed period of time.:p :D .......seriously though!!!!!

Hey Mike,

It could get worse - Shultz could move in.

Shultz's Law:

"Murphy was an optomist."

:D

Lee

go for the lightning...i'm in the process of looking for a 2002.i don't like the rims on the 2003's.but i want the 380 hp and 450 tq of the 2002.if u can get a 2002 for 20 grand u better jump on it cuz around here they are about 25 grand.

sho taurus, the lighting is a good deal.It has some bolt ons.don't know the
HP but it is higher than stock.It was owned by the guy that runs there dyno.
He split up with his wife,so it is for sale,miles 41000,$19995.00 never seen
one that cheap,its at ANDERSON FORD,Clinton,il. They are the same Anderson
you see in add work selling cold-air pipe,ect in Ford magizine adds.Its black.
billit grill,nice.

I need a truck but don't have the $12,000.00 to put out.

RANDY

Randy & Tim you guys...

Get with the deal here. GO BIGGER and have more fun.. WE all know it can be done, you all have seen it...Mods?? what's that?? just dump an alumium topped 514 crate svo in there and go like hell. Most of the other guys will go and hide when you show up with that... With a little playing you can be looking at those 10's without even using the bottle, that can be for those really fast runs to get the milk home before it gets warm....OH, did I say that you can still see ALL the spark plugs and still get a valve cover off in less than 10 minutes.....If you want something to do this is the way....
Now Tim, have you had any luck on that car yet at all?? Have you checked all your vacumm lines yet to see if they are all going to the right places?? and when you say you don't have anything to compair to, remember that I am just over the line here, unless your vissiting card won't let you come to this side of the line....lol, just kidding.... even if you are a bear fan, you can still come to "cheeseville"....even on a sunday.......Rich

yeah i know anderson ford i have some anderson ford parts on my super charged mustang.stock 2002 lightning is 380 hp and 450 tq.i'm still hunting for one for me.i love those trucks.$600 of mods from johnny lightning and runs 12.6's all day.not bad for a truck. :) and i've talked to alotof friends of mine that are mechanics at ford and they say they are good solid trucks.engine and transmission never have problems.5.4 they say is a great motor.the lightning motor is the motor they are putting into the new gt-40 coming out and they are gonna be pushing 500+ hp out of same engine.can u tell i'm in love?

Last edited:
motor and tranny is perfect

Rich, I have done everything I can do. What I needis vaccum gauge, fuel pressure gauge and a scanner to sort out what is wrong with this car. I would love to drive up there but it wont run good enough to get up there. If I had it to do all over this car would have a 460 with a carb. Whit all these snnsors I dont know what the culprate is. I sure cant afford to just change them all on the hope that I will fall on whats wrong. If you can give me a call I am at a complete loss at this point. Tim

Back