possible to remove supercharger ..

The intake plenum is bolted to the back of the supercharger and comes off with the supercharger. The throttle body, TPS and IAC valve should all be left on the supercharger/plenum assy. when removing it.

The intake manifold adaptor (part the lower IC tube attaches to) does not need to be removed to take the supercharger off.

David

There are 2 studs on each end of the IC tube (both upper and lower) where the attach to the IC and in the case of the lower, the intake plenum. There is also a mounting bolt that is about in the middle of the IC tubes that attaches them to the accessory bracket. The lower is easier to get to from under the car. They're pretty easy to get off. Just make sure you get them re-sealed good when you re-assemble them. If they're not sealed properly, you'll have all kinds of trouble, (vacuum leaks).

They're pretty easy to get off
Not exactly. Yes, the connections are easy, but if he's actually wanting to remove the lower IC tube, that's a different story. Then the accessory bracket needs to come off.

Good point. I was just thinking disconnecting it, not removing it. I guess it depends on what you're going to do darkstar. If you want the lower tube out, then the accessory bracket will have to come off. You don't need to remove the P/S pulley to get it off, but it would help. I did it with out pulling it off, and will probably do it that way again. You just have to have the right type of sockets to get to it.

well i might replace the headgaskets pretty soon... seeing as how my coolant keeps dissapearing... I dont have anyother way of checking to see if its in the oil because my DIPSTICK broke off and part of it is stuck in the pan. thanx. any other suggestions?

If you have to replace your HG, you'll have to take off the accessory brackets anyway. They are in part bolted to the heads. You would be best off, starting from the top and working down. I took off all the accessories before I started with the acc. brackest, with the exception of the P/S pump. I left that on. I didn't remove the brackets from the car, but leaned them forward so I could get to other stuff. Bad thing for me is that I didn't replace the HG, just resealed the upper 1/2 above them. Now I may have to replace them anyway... Good luck and if you can, get a shop manual. It will help out a lot. Especially if you have limited mechanical experience, like me.

Just a though for you about checking for coolant in the oil. You can loosen your drain plug to the point where oil will start coming out. If there's coolant in there, it's heavier than the oil and will be on the bottom of the oil pan. That is why it wil ruin the bearings...oil pick up is pumping coolant instead of oil. You'll be able to tell if there is any coolant in there real fast. Just don't forget to tighten it back up...

Back