PDA

View Full Version : So...

plev72
11-03-2003, 11:21 PM
Let me tell you, life here in Sierra Vista is grand (NOT! ;-) I'm still in Phoenix nearly every weekend... anyone want to buy a townhouse?? Think I've written nearly all of the checks that need to be written for the car... should have :

Full coated headers, resonator, springs, and something else that I can't remember in the mail... oh yeah... the reground cam, lifters, and stuff... then the beast will finally be getting rebuilt...

if anyone is interested in watching the show, I'll let you know when it will be going to the dyno (when I find out)...

should have (better have!) bunches of power...

next comes the paint job, anyone have any suggestions for good shops? I'm also thinking about two-tone... red on the top and then charcoal?? not sure on the bottom... like the two tone '85-'86 turbo bird maybe...

Open to suggestions,
Paul

JSC
11-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Let's see, Sierra Vista...been there...know what you mean....no on the townhouse........good to hear about your car finally.......yes...interested in finished car showing and dyno......hope you get said power......no, no paint shops i know of.....Maybe electric fockin' blue ???.........Have to think about that.
I like red too......two-tone could be cool.......Are you getting an aftermarket hood ?

Jeff

plev72
11-11-2003, 10:22 PM
hmm electric blue... ;-) Got the CAM tonight from UPS at about 9pm, have the pistons waiting for me at my folks place in scottsdale, only thing I'm short of at the moment are the springs and headers... both of which should be along shortly. Will be dropping off the remaining parts either Friday if I'm in before the shop closes, or imposing on my step-father to drop stuff off on Monday... hopefully the actual engine work will get started this week... still looking at another 5 weeks ish for completion, but that isn't too bad... have it by January.

Paul

ThunderHawk SVT
12-03-2003, 08:57 PM
Glade to hear that things are comming together. I just got my LX up and running, so time to start on advancing the SC. Dyno, sounds good like to be there.

plev72
12-19-2003, 10:37 PM
Realizing that you all must be getting tired of hearing about my car not being done yet ;-) Just thought I stick this post up anyway as there hasn't been any activity lately.

I have received all of the parts - with the exception of the full-coated headers and the springs (wondering what the deal is with those ...)

The machine work and balancing and things are supposed to be happening the week after Christmas... car should be back together by mid-January (assuming I get the few missing remaining parts... may also end up getting a stud girdle which might cause a few days of delay)

Hopefully get it dyno tuned reasonably well by mid-January and be back to using it as a daily driver by February at the latest.

Anyone want to by a 6 month old Ranger?? ;-)

When do they restart the Friday night drags?

Is there a dragstrip in Tucson?

Paul

First SC to get into the 9s... (with a 500 shot, no doors ... and just once ;-) - just kidding :-)

rkahochoa
12-20-2003, 08:20 PM
Glad to hear theres a light at the end of your tunnel. I think I may be selling mine soon. I'm looking to go 4 wheel drive. Can't afford to have both. We'll see....