What the Hell Happened to my car ???

SlushNaz

I was driving around yesterday and i was low on gas and i was headed to get gas and my car started to sputter which i expected to i went and got gas and i go to pull away and i go to merge on to the street and my car goes to stall so i gave it a shot of gas and then i started idiling really high like 1500 rpms. So i drove away and my car kept sputtering and idling really rough. So I drove home and I go to leave for work and i start my car and it starts but immedidatley the rpm's start to drop and i feel the car starting to stall and I give it a shot of gas again and it starts idling at 2000 rpms and it was idiling REALLY rough it was shaking the car violently so i let continue to idle till it dropped down to about normal idle 900 rpms. So i drive to work and my car is riding rough as hell. Smoke is coming out both exhaust pipes, and it reaks of antifreeze and I'm like great i blew a headgasket. So i drive to work, and when it was time to leave i go to start my car and it won't start right away, but I keep trying and i finally get it to start and once a again its idling really high, rough, and blowing out smoke. So i take it home and i have a buddy take a look at it and i have no oil or anti freeze, but all my gauges were fine and i checked my oil this past saturday. So he asks me to start it and it starts right up, idle's at normal, just like everything's fine. This doesn't make any sense to me. Any suggestions is it the head gasket? or is it something different. Thanks

Sure sounds like HG to me. A small leak that for now is intermittent but sure to get worse quickly. Stop driving the car until you find out for sure.

You ran out of gas, the engine went lean and it's all over but the crying:( :( :( .

If you drove it with bad head gaskets, your looking at a rebuild.

A $30 rental would have saved you a good sum of money. If your too young to rent, then a cab or friend.

Also, letting the car run while "shaking violently" is the perfect way to snap a harmonic dampener.

Aaron

Yeah i drove it for about 2 miles when the shi* happened, but now its just sitting until i can get my hands on a code scanner, or find a place to take it where i can replace the head gasket, and oh yeah Aaron i'm not crying i'm just trying to get opinons not attitude's.

The 'all over but the crying' is just a saying, I guess I'm must getting old. I wasn't trying to jump all over you, but sometimes we just don't think. I've fried a few engines in my time

You may have just clogged the filter or an injector when you ran out of gas, which cause a momentary lean and bang - no head gasket. If the head gaskets were that weak, then it was just a matter of time before they blew.

If you can't find an oil/water mix anywhere then you may be in luck. The lower end does not like coolant and will often fail shortly after contamination.

Aaron

Hey man its okay maybe i just took offense too quickly since this whole ordeal is really stressing me, but thanks for the idea's i'll have to check into them.

Last edited:
Back