X pipe/crossover resonator

talon660

Looking in the MVIII section of supercoupeperformance.com, I saw a "Magnaflow X-pipe resonator" and I was excited. Has anyone ever seen one of these and where can I get one. I have been looking for an alternative to the Mag. res for the SC everyone is using and this sounds like it. It would also cut sound considerably IMO. What do you guys think?

Im not familiar with the part they offer, however, if you use a dual in/out Magnaflow resonator, it will have an internal Xpipe giving you the best of both worlds.

Paul

Mag and others

Magnaflow isn't the only one that makes them. There kinda loud by themselves, I run one on mine and that's it, two down spouts after that. The old lady won't drive it that loud. Scare's all the ricers though. LOL The sound on it is akin to a 5.0, with out the V8 sound. I had to cutt two holes and stuff it with steel wool, to keep it sane for meand the cops.

How bout some part#s and/or links, and who else makes them for a good price? It won't be driven that much. I will be running ported stock manifolds and all 2.25" pipe duals, no cats. This will be in the middle as a crossover and to kill some sound.

Drnaline, tell me about your car, what size pipes, cats?, and other mods you have and if you like the setup for power. Your saying it's dumped below the driver seat? Mine will flow out the back so it should be bearable w/ the pipe size I'm going with.

Alan, I am a Magnaflow dealer if you choose that route. We can discuss options and price off line if you would like to contact me.

Paul

89 5spd.

I have ported maifolds too that I did myself. 2.25 pipes, no cats. I have the muffler after the tranny. i want to put a newer tank so the pipes arn't so long and run DynoMax muffs.. No chip, 93 MAF modified to MN12 perf mod. I have and auto/ exhaust shop so I play alot with it. The only mods are the ones that if done, I like the super stock mentallity. I also have a 71 pinto project with all MN12 running gear.Got a stock pile of parts, and alot of dreams.

Back