cat back good enough for 5%?

92redsc

is a SCPerformance cat-back exhaust with magnaflow resonator and two high flow mufflers that measures 2 1/2 to 3 to 2 1/2 inch pipes and a k&n panel good enough for a 5% overdrive pulley on the blower? or do i need headers and new down pipes too? how much will a 5 % overdrive increase torque and power? i dont wat to run a 10% just yet, mabey later, all i want is a low-mid 14.

i think you wont make more that 10 PSI. seeing as how u relieved back pressure. Im pretty sure u wont make more that 10.

all i want is a low-mid 14.

I think your fine to run the 5%, and it will add about 1-1/2 to 2 pounds of boost to whatever you have now. You will feel the bottom end torque more than anything else, making it easier to spin the tires.

Unless your car is very light and a factory freak, your going to need a few more mods to reach mid to low 14s.

David

PS: The K&N panel filter is not worth $40...you might gain 1 HP if your lucky. Removing the air silencer is good for about 3-4 HP.

Last edited:
overdrive pulley

I would say you can put the 10% overdrive pulley. You have the exaust for it now so you wight as well do it once in for all instead of doing a 5% then going back for a 10%. My SC redlined at 12p.s.i. boost at bone stock. Then i had performance cats., a 15 inch Magnaflow resinator and two new Flowmasters installed. Left all the stock piping at it dropped to redlining at 9 1/2 p.s.i.boost. Got more power of course, so then i took off the air silence WOW! Took me to 101/2 p.s.i. boost! Added a 10%overdrive pulley and im at 13 p.s.i. redline. Next will be new MAF and sensor, thats why im not bothering to but a K&N filter just yet. Hope this helps, Good Luck....Bill

i am planning on getting the 300hp kit from SCP at some point. along with 3.73's and a shift kit. i guess my guestion is that i see everyone saying that the stock boost is like 12 psi. my car usually maxes just over 15 psi. is that just the gauge being wrong or am i in danger of doing harm to my engine, which has like 5000 miles on the new block from ford??

oh and i guess what would u aspect to see at the wheels with the 300hp kit? and would those mods put me into the low 14's?

95scred said:
i am planning on getting the 300hp kit from SCP at some point. along with 3.73's and a shift kit. i guess my guestion is that i see everyone saying that the stock boost is like 12 psi. my car usually maxes just over 15 psi. is that just the gauge being wrong or am i in danger of doing harm to my engine, which has like 5000 miles on the new block from ford??

oh and i guess what would u aspect to see at the wheels with the 300hp kit? and would those mods put me into the low 14's?

Your gauge is right, it's just when most people post they assume everyone has a 89-93 SC. 94-95 superchargers are more efficient and put out around 16PSI, even with a larger pulley than 89-93 models. Go with no more than a 5% on a 94-5 becuase it is more like an 8% then. Or go with one off a 89-93 (cheaper). I would guess the 300hp kit to be around 260rwhp, no more.

Anyone have a 89-93 pulley they want to get rid of PM me.

lol. I got a 90 pully that i need now but wont need. Probably wont do you guys anygood b/c i was going to wait to do my exaust b/f i put it on my new 10%. Got it for cheap with a deal on ud pully set but havent put them on yet and dont want to risk blowing a head gasket.

Back