roller rocker question

aplvlydrtybird

what are the cheapest stud mounted roller rockers out there, i am getting a steig cam, and i need to get roller rockers for the 351c i guess, not sur ewhat the 351c is so if you could tell what in the heck that is too, i am sur ei know but doesnt sound familiar right now, but thanks for the help guys.

Keith

There is another group buy going on right now by one of the 3.8 stnag guys. Drop him an email at CPOMank at hotmail.com (replace with @ sign) and put roller rocker in the subject line.

Paul

We have pedestal mount roller rockers, not stud mount, same as the 351C. You could get a kit to convert to stud mount, but this may result in a weaker valve train than using pedestal mounts with a longer bolt - more threads engaged in the head.

crane cams has a set of 16 roller rockers that are aluminum, pedistal mounted for the 351C.....1.7 ratio. 195 from Jegs...seems like a great price.
Rocker arms
I think these will work...someone correct me if i'm wrong otherwise i might get me a set of these.

Last edited:
crane cams has a set of 16 roller rockers that are aluminum, stud pedistal mounted for the 351C.....1.7 ratio. 195 from Jegs...seems like a great price
Which are they though, stud or pedestal? Either way, going to a 1.7 is a reduction in performance on our cars not an improvement.

Paul

sorry that was a type-o they are pedistal mounted. I just edited and inserted the link. They are the same as stock ratio, but if you're getting a cam, a new ratio isn't needed. If you were to get 1.8, i heard that the springs sometimes bind. I could be wrong though. I think the rollers in the same ratio would be a good inprovment. Even Proform makes a 1.7 pedistal mounted rocker, set of 16 for 165. I dont know how great proform products are though.

Last edited:
They are the same as stock ratio, but if you're getting a cam, a new ratio isn't needed.
Stock ratio is 1.73. I have seen production variances from one arm to another which are drastically different than 1.73. but that is the ratio. Also, the posted cam grind specs and regrind specs are based upon a 1.73 ratio not 1.70. Cam and valve spring selection is very relevant to the rocker arm ratio which is why Im being so picky about the information.

Paul

oh shoot....sorry....i retract all my statements....lol. I knew they were 1.73 ratio...why did i look up a 1.7? Hmm sorry...thanks for keeping me on my toes though.:D

Back