Aftermarket Headers

metalman

Other than Kooks, what kind of header options do I have.
I have heard of needing to alter some aftermarket V6 mustang headers, but are there any bolt ons other than the outrageous Kooks?

None other. The late model Mustang headers aren't that far off, just a slight modification in the drivers side collector, flange area but bolt on, Kooks are it.

Do a search on PF&E. They used to make very nice headers for the SC, and they still have the jigs. They posted here a few months ago offering to make headers for us again.

Would aftermarket V6 Mustang Long tude headers bolt right up?
Or, would I need to modify those as well?

then again u can always PORT the stock ones and wrapped them around that sheet and see a good gain. I would prefer doing that to save my *** 500 dollars. ;)

metalman said:
Would aftermarket V6 Mustang Long tude headers bolt right up?
Or, would I need to modify those as well?

Mustang longtubes require cutting out everything between the flange and collector and completely rebuilding it, for the drivers side. The right one is a near bolt-on.

No ideas on performance gains but I posted info on these awhile back. I built the driverside, passenger side will be a LOT easier. Very heavy duty.

drside5896th.jpg

specs:
1-3/4" j-bends
16ga wall
3/8" flange
3" collector
3" ball flange optional

Steering shaft has to be disconnected and dipstick has to be removed for installation. More pics here: my fabrication page
Scroll down the page to the EXHAUST section.

I built this one on my jig, master cylinder was removed and the header slips right down into place. Installing from the bottom is no problem at all. Best I can tell, it's entirely possible the passenger side will go in from the bottom also.

Motor mounts do not need to be disconnected. :)

How's 375 a set sound?

'bird

$375...Not too shabby! How long have you been building your headers? So, they go in easy from the bottom w/o having to remove anything?

I emailed you a few days ago about your headers and other parts. Did you get it? If not here are some ?'s

-I would just need to get small down tudes to bolt new cats up to them, right?
-Do you plum the holes for the O2 sensor?
-how long will it take to get to me?

I am also interested in your raised top and double intercooler. If you can, email me at ageluso@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help,
Metalman

Originally posted by BT Motorsports
Wynn, how much would the price change for stainless?

Paul
Burns has 1-3/4" u-bends on 2-1/2" radius for a little under 50 apiece, send 6 or 7 of those and I'll get started on the rest...

:)

'bird

Back