Replacement front fender

Delaware SC

I'm trying to find a replacement passenger side front fender for a ’91 SC. The parts search sites and salvage guys are listing different front fenders for the SC and the Thunderbird. Of course the SC fender is unavailable.

What is the difference between the Thunderbird front fender and the Super Coupe fender???????? Can I use a T-bird fender on a SC?

Damn deer struck my right front corner. The insurance company wanted to total the car but I’m fixing it myself and keeping my Super Coupe!

Last edited:
non-sc fender can be used, but you have to somehow put that little bracket thing on the side that holds the sc's ground effects on the new fender(non-sc fender). I've never done it, but people here have, so somebody else might give a better info than me, 'cause I can't explain crap real well:D

The only difference is the small bracket at the bottom of the fender, it is held on with 2---1/8" pop rivets. Take a drill with a 1/4" bit in it and drill through the rivet head ONLY! The bracket will pop right off the old fender. Now place the bracket on the new fender posistioning it in the same posistion as it was on the old fender. Get your measurements from the old fender, once it posistioned properly mark your holes. Now lay the bracket aside for a moment and drill the 2 holes you just marked with a 1/8" drill bit. Once your holes have been drilled lay your bracket on the fender aligning the holes in the bracket to the holes in your fender then insert the pop rivets and pop them with the rivet gun. Very simple job and saves you $200 difference in price between the 2 types of fenders. ;) :)

Thanks Mike 38 and Superloop,

Is there any trick to getting the GFX off the brackets without breaking them? There is nothing in my Chiltons manual about the disassembly of the GFX.

Scot

Look under the car along the edge of the GFX parts you need to remove and you will see some phillips head screws holding that edge to the body. Those screws are plastic and they screw into another plastic piece that fits into the hole. When the screw is installed that plastic piece expands and locks it in place.
My screws would not unscrew and come out, they just spun like they were stripped.
I took a large blade screw driver and pryed them out, you can get new screws and plastic plugs at body shop supply houses and there cheap.
Once you get those screws and plugs out the bottom of the GFX is loose from the car and is only held on by the clip along the upper edge that we talked about transfering to your new fender.
Just pull the bottom edge out away from the car and start pushing the GFX piece up towards the top of the fender while rocking it back and forth along its lenght. The upper edge will work out of the clip and the GFX piece will come right off.

The above details are correct, and the GFX is held on by plastic screws under the car and in the fender well, so just remove them and slide it off. If you don't have a rivet gun, you can use short sheet metal screws. Be sure to keep good metal ot metal contact on the bolt area when you put the fender back on so you will get good radio reception. Good luck

Back