My New Dyno Numbers...

SeanMatteson

Last night I attended an SCCoO Dyno Night that was set up by Jason Wild. I managed to achieve some better results than I did this time last year.

Here's a link to my new chart:
RWHP & RWTQ

RWHP & A/F

In case you're interested in viewing a video clip shot during my first pull of the night, check out this link (Right-Click, Save As):

Sean's Dyno Video

Please let me know what you guys think?!?!?! :D

Cheers,

Sean

woah woah....on the lean side there....try to get it to a 12:1 or 13:1 ratio. 17:1 is mad lean....ouch.

fastsc92,

The 17 and change to one is a false reading. It only happened at the very start of the pulls. The sniffer is inserted into one of the tail pipes, and I'm guessing that at low engine speeds, there isn't enough exhaust gas flowing to the tip of the sniffer to get an accurate reading.

If you watch the A/F curve once the power is applied, you get a slightly different picture.

Bill,

Thanks, man! I appreciate the props. I wish you were there to witness the event in person.

Best regards,

Sean

the sniffer should be installed where one of the factory o2 sensors are. That would explain it. I was getting a ratio of 9.54:1....while spraying. Because i had a richer fuel jet than what was required. better than being lean, but i swtiched jets and its good now. I was going to get concerned in your cause because you'd have a little problem with pistons at that ratio...lol. Glad to see your numbers.

Regardless of O2 sensor style, a lean condition will always exist on throttle tip-in. Nothing to worry about. Mixtures do not get dangerous under sustained load until you get above 13.0:1. Sean has pretty decent numbers actually.

Thanks for the reassurances, guys! I'm still just learning lots of this stuff, so I really was only guessing about why I was so lean at tip in.

Dave suggested earlier that the first chart shows signs of detonation. Anyone else care to comment on this? I'm not sure what Fred did with the file in so far as timing is concerned.

Anyone know where I should look in the file to know?

I'd like to forward this data to Fred for him to comment, but he's been out of contact lately, and if he's having problems I don't want to bother him.

Best regards,

Sean

SC90_Pete,

The list is far too long to break it out for you here. Your best bet is to go to my SCCoA Member's Page (See the link to the left of this post), and you'll find everything I've done/got listed there.

Best regards,

Sean

Any other comments about the charts or the video?

Way back, a bunch of guys were asking for sound clips of my car so they could hear what the exhaust was like. I can't think of a better sample than that.

Cheers,

Sean

WOT_ADVANCE_VS_RPM # WOT spark Advance vs RPM (RPM, Deg.)
( 16383.8, 31 ) ( 5100, 30.5 ) ( 4000, 29.5 )
( 3400, 28 ) ( 3100, 27 ) ( 2400, 24 )
( 1400, 16 ) ( 1000, 8 ) ( 0, 8 )

This is what my Dr. Fred file looked like. It seemed ok, but I found out on the dyno that it was way too much timing.

I ended up with this instead.
( 16383.8, 30 ) ( 5100, 26 ) ( 4000, 24 )
( 3400, 20 ) ( 3100, 18 ) ( 2400, 18 )
( 1400, 16 ) ( 1000, 8 ) ( 0, 8 )

Not saying that this is the best, but you can get an idea of what the changes were that I made.

Thanks, Dave. That told me exactly where to look. I hope Fred won't mind me posting this, but here's what mine is set to...

( 16383.8, 29.25 ) ( 5200, 29.25 ) ( 4200, 28 )
( 3500, 26 ) ( 3000, 24 ) ( 2700, 22.5 )
( 1500, 17 ) ( 1000, 8 ) ( 0, 8 )

Speaking of Dr. Fred... Has anyone managed to get in touch with him lately? The last I heard, Fred was sick with some lung infection and so he was incommunicado until further notice. Has Jeramie Schall been in touch with Fred? I think he lives out in Fred's neck o' the woods.

Best regards,

Sean

Back