The group rooms for Carlisle 2004 Update....

lube70

Carlisle Group Rooms available starting Nov.10th....Clarion.Hotel

Well, again, after all the leg work, I have gotten the new infomation. The Clarion told me the following just today by phone on our group rate" the group rate will now be $124 a night without AAA and with it will be $109. This is due to the close time limit to the show". I proceeded to tell her that we had an agreement and the response was that the rates go up the close the show got. According to reservations, they are almost overbooked with our 40 rooms reserved. So, plan 2.....

I called the Super 8 in Carlisle, (not the rat box next to the Clarion), and anyone that has stayed there knows it's not a bad place, (Actually kinda liked it myself), so there rate with no bank of rooms was $100 per night. With group discount, who knows what price. So, here's the deal, either the Clarion at $124 a night without AAA or $109 with AAA, or the Super 8 South in Carlisle for $99 a night and possibly less. The rooms will be available this weekend no matter which one is chosen.. Just wanted the clubs thoughts on the matter, you guys choose and I'll go with it. If you don't care about the pool, Super 8 is not a bad choice and the Days Inn is close where a lot of other SC'er go.

Please post response here and if anyone has questions, please call me at (973) 277-4294 or e-mail me at Lube70@aol.com

Don

I really need an answer by Saturday, so please post your responses here.

Last edited:
Don,

We all sincerly appreciate your effort in trying to negotiate better pricing for the club on your own time. At the same time, unless prices have gone up from last year, isn't that price at the Clarion about the same as we paid this past year? Also, I seem to remember paying $88 at the Super 8 two years ago, so I'm guessing their prices have increased also?!?

I think the Clarion was in an ideal location, and the over-spill can scoop up the rooms at the neighbouring Super 8. We had a TON of parking available, no real police presence, burn-outs without complaints, and a great place to have breakfast right accross the street. I think most people who stayed at the Clarion would agree that the quality over the Super 8 is worth the extra $10 or so per night. I also liked the idea of renting the banquet hall one night to have a major SC party inside, especially considering it rains almost every year at Carlisle.

Also, it is much easier to find the fairgrounds from the Clarion because you basically just continue along the same street and follow the signage. I know my way around Carlisle now, but this may help others who are less familiar.

MOST importantly, the Clarion is right near the go-karts. :p

Well, executive desision made here......

Well, after several phone calls and other investigations, I have decided that Clarion is the best bet. I have called the Super 8 and other local hotels and many of them are booked. So, I also looked at other hotels and locations and have talked to many people and we all decided that Clarion is the best idea. So, here it goes.

Please call starting November 10th.

You can call the Clarion at (717) 243-1717, tell them you are with the New Jersey Thunderbird and Cougar Club, (just easier that way, adding the SCCOA on also), and reserve the room. Anyone with AAA will get the AAA rate. The normal rate for this weekend (June 4-5-6) is $138. so, not that bad a deal.

I have 40 rooms available so, please reserve fast. This is first come first serve basis.

Thanks to those of you who gave input on this. You help was very appreicated.

So, I've done my part......

Let the reservations begin. There mailing me the paperwork this weekend for everything. We have one wing all the rooms together.

Anyone having questions, post here or you can call me at (973) 277-4294

Hope to see everyone at Carlisle next year!!!!

Don

Attachments

• 94&95 sc\'s.jpg
    94&95 sc\'s.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
Nice work, Don. As you may recall, some of us are banned from staying at any Super 8 in the future (gee, I wonder why?. So the Clarion sounds like a great deal, and I am sure someone can dig up AAA numbers to get the discount :)

What's the word with renting a hall there for a night?

Last edited:
Don, is the reservation just a matter of calling up with a credit card # to hold the room, or are they doing a pre auth?

Paul

New info.....Rooms are now $99 per night with AAA

Thanks to Bill McNeil and his stealthy investigation, we now have a $10 discount. The Clarion Convention Center confirmed it today. Again, thanks Bill for the help as always.....

Don

Wow this is very early this year....

Great job doing some good negotiating. This past june when I went down, I plunked down what seemed like alot to stay at the Days Inn (right across from the 'EVIL' super 8).

In 2001 I stayed at the Rodeway Inn and in 2002 I stayed at the 'good' super 8. The Diner across the street makes great food for very little $$$$. I think I spent like $4.50 (including tip) for breakfast there and I was stuffed.

What about the Super 6 motel? They've got a pool there....

I'm not a AAA member...

Bwahahahaha

I just got a room for $43.99 on Thursday night and $89.99 on Friday and Saturday nights June 3,4,5 2004.

I did it on my own with no club affiliation.

Re: Wow this is very early this year....

Deep6 said:
The Diner across the street makes great food for very little $$$$. I think I spent like $4.50 (including tip) for breakfast there and I was stuffed.

That place makes great food for little $$$? Are you feeling ok? That diner had the worst service and nastiest food ive ever had.. Hell the Waffle House made better eggs.. Ever wonder WHY the total came out to $4.50? :D

Hey, it sounds like you guys have this show figured out pretty well. I would really like to check it out, but can't get the time to drive.
Could someone tell me where the best airport to fly in for the show is.
Maybe next year, 2005, I can drive.
Thanks,
Brian

Last edited:
Well the food tasted fine to me...

I guess that the day you went, the cook was someone different. Cause every time I went in 2001 the food was good.

Then again, if I said they made great Gyro's for dinner, I suppose you'd smack me upside the head! :)

In addition, remember, Carlisle is a giant truckstop. Many of the resturants are just Diners and deepfried food outlets. You're not really going to find find mediterianian dining in that town.

Other's have flown in from other parts of the country. I remember meeting Fred 4.3 a couple of times and he flew in from Colorado. So did Kurt Sunday and Kelly Simons who came in from New Mexico. I don't know what Airport they landed at though.

Booked at Clarion

As of 1800 on 7-Feb-04 they now have 3 rooms left at 124.50 per night. I just booked for Thurs through Sun checkout. They told me 124.50 was the club rate and that the AAA rate was higher. Does anyone have info on getting them to give the promised lower club rate? I wanted to stay where there would be some other SCers this year.
Last year I stayed at the Comfort Inn Capitol City off of Rte 5 (not the Comfort Inn West on the main drag as the other major hotels). The room was great, but no SC's, maybe a stang or 2, and a couple misc vintage Fords. Very quiet there.

Back