IC Tube Seal ?

3tbird

Has anyone used Mansfield 210/211 toilet flush value seals to seal their IC Tubes? They are the correct size, appear to be perfect rubber seal thickness but don't have ears to hold them in place (but neither does the factory Ford tape)

Please advise on pros and cons. - You can find them in any hardware store.

PS: These are a donut in red rubber.

Last edited:
Just go to a plumbing shop and get a peice of red rubber gasket material and cut you some out. Red rubber is cheap and is made for high heat and should be able to handle the blower temps.
Cut them out then glue them down to one side of your flanges with contact cement and your done.

You ought to see all the RTV I'm pulling out of IC cores after removing the end tanks. I'd use the tape before I used RTV.

I can second the quality of Wynn's (tbird88) seals.

You would be able to make a set yourself out of a high temp rubber but $20 is cheap and they are reusable.

If you want to know if the toilet seals will work try boiling them to see if they distort or soften.

Aaron

All I can say is when we switched from the Copper ATV to tbird88 seals, we noticed an improvement in boost. It ran with more power. You can reuse and no fuss. Just my preference so I bought 5 sets I think. Don't know about red rubber or if it migrates into interior over time or not. Sounds good. All will work, I like tbird88. Super Coup Performance used to sell the Ford type, I guess still does. Obviously we were not very skilled in RPV use. We have pulled the stuff out of IC and tubing as well.

Originally posted by MIKE 38sc
You ought to see all the RTV I'm pulling out of IC cores after removing the end tanks. I'd use the tape before I used RTV.
Excellent point!

'bird

icgask16th.jpg

icset54th.jpg

Back