Audio Issues

Cr0we

I just got a 1990 stock SC and I am having issues with the radio.

I have the cassette deck with the cd player beneath it.

I know there was a problem some time ago with an after market alarm system draining the battery. through the process of discovery they disconnected the radio.

the problem is I am unsure where they disconnected it. It gets the button lights when I turn on the headlamps, however nothing else. No clock, no radio, no cd player.

My question is... Is there a standard place at which they may have disconnected it? I can't find any problems. Fuses are fine, The harness is intact or appears so.

Is there a schematic somewhere of the electrical system for the radio? I've been under the dash so long by back hurts.

Thanks in advance.

Bear

You must remove the raidio and plug it back in. I can`t imagine the raidio causing a draw on the battery. It only works with the key on.

After 3 more hours under the dash I found the problems.

The "memory" chip in the engine compartment and the cd player is not working. It doesn't seem to allow the radio to function properly if it is broken.

Everything except the cd player now works.

Yeah, I am uncertain what their problems were, but they had cut the wires to the amp, at the rear of the radio.

Bear

Back