Recall on Early B&M Ripper Shifters?

lowflying90

Was there a recall on Early B&M ripper shifters. It looks like it is hitting the blue anodized part. I have pictures of what I'm talking about....but I Can't get any pics to post on here for some reason. It keeps saying the file is too big.

Thanks,
Jeff

I don't think there was. I know exactly what you are talking about, I got one of the Rippers from the first build. A friend of mine got one six months later and his was machined for more clearance there.

The next time I pulled my trans out, the rubber boot had hardened and cracked all apart, so I called B&MM to see if I could get a replacement Ripper and explained the whole rubbing thing with the grooves that had worn in the housing. I was told they couldn't replace the whole thing, but they did send my a new boot free of charge.

I took a dremel and made more room where the grooves were wearing. Then took it all apart to clean out aluminum chips, regreased and reassembled.

i've heard of people taking synchros out i think from rippers not allowing it to go into a gear the whole way.

Jeff

Back