Brake help

Billabong089

Hey, I know I need a new accumlator because the lights come on when I brake hard, but today the anti-lock light stayed on for my whole drive ( 10min drive) but the brakes worked fine anyway, I went in my driveway turned the car off and then back on and the light went away so what are the possibilities?

I guess i'll order an accumlator like monday, whats the number and do I have to do or say anything special? Its a 92 thunderbird ;)

My brake problem is similar, in that my "brake" and "anti-lock" lights have been going on and off for some time, and my brakes seem to be working fine. But the other day the accumulator pump stayed on after I shut off the key and drained my battery. Isn't it supposed to only run with the key "on"? The only way to shut it off is to un-plug it now. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanx...panheader

Well when both lights were coming on that meant your accumulator went out. You then ignored that and continued driving the car with a bad accumulator causing the pump to activate every single time you touched the brake pedal. The end result is that you burnt up the pump motor relay by using the brake system like that and now the relay is stuck in the pump on posistion causing the pump motor to run all the time.
Keep driving the car, you'll need another ABS unit in no time at all.
Hope you have plenty of money, those ABS units are pricey!

Thanx for the info, Mike...looks like I need an accumulator as well as a relay..I'll be looking into that this week for sure...panheader

Back