SC Gauge Jumping and Gutted Cats.

Wings Dirty

Today I noticed a strange thing that I hope some of you could enlighten me on.

I was driving therough the city, and I applied partial throttle at about 35 MPH. Enough throttle to put the SC into boost mode at about 2.5psi. All of the sudden, the SC gauge jumped to about 5 psi and the motor started buckling. I let off the accelerator, and the gauge went into vacuum, as normal. It did it two more time over the course of about 5 miles. (It doesn't do it all the time, apparently.) I did hear a noise coming from the engine bay all three times it did this, but I really can't describe it..

The SC does not have a lot of play with the belt off (about 3/16th of an inch).

Could it be the bypass valve?

Next, does anyone have gutted cats? Does that help any? I have a shop here that will gut the cats on monday and I'm wondering how much that would help, if any.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

seems to me that maybe ur engine is missing???
have you tried pulling any codes? vacuum leaks will cause crap ups like that.

The "Check Engine" light is not lighting/lit. It does light with KOEO, but not while running. Would there be codes in the 'puter even while the Engine Light is off?

Thanks Darkstar

YES.....There could be codes with no CEL. Anytime you suspect a problem the first thing to do is pull the codes, every single time because geussing costs MONEY and some problems can eat your engine if you dont catch them in time.
There may not be any codes stored but if you dont check you will never know.

darkstar_one said:
seems to me that maybe ur engine is missing???
have you tried pulling any codes? vacuum leaks will cause crap ups like that.

If his engine was missing, he will just have to get another one!
xxrotflmao.gif
xxrotflmao.gif

Ok, the miss in the engine was due to bad wires. I did the wire test in the dark. :( DAMN! Anyways, I realized they were the original wires when I took them off. The Magnecors are performing beautifully to 5K+.

Back