Went to they Dyno again.....

Wzenheimer

506hp.bmp

In case you cant read them that is 390.9 HP and 464.4 TQ without nitrous. With nitrous it is 506.2 HP and 612.6 TQ. Everything is in excellent working order I am very pleased.

Now those above #'s are the SAE correct #'s. The ones below are the ACTUAL #'s being made at the time.

acutal506hp.bmp

Chris

PS It may be forsale soon in case anyone is interested.

Thanks Randy,

I was hoping to at least get back to the track one last time before the season was over. However, Gateway cancelled their racer fun day. (#%*)

I am thinking that my car has finally developed into what I wanted. I think that for my benefit it would be best if I sold the car while its at its performance best. I think this would be an excellent opportunity for someone interested in going fast to obtain the #1 fastest, #1 Highest HP, and #1 Highest torque car. Its not that I want to get away from the SC or the SC community I just have plans for another project. And actually I was going to contact you Randy about it. It concerns a certain mid-engine ZF transmission vehicle. I am looking to do a complete frame up show-N-go restoration. Using a quad-cam 4.6 with a turbo.

Let me know if you know of any decently priced chasis out there in original stock form. (Must have AC.)

Chris

Those are crazy numbers!

Chris, the Runs that you made, those were on a chassis dyno right? So you were pulling a non-N20 390 Rear wheel HP corrected SAE right?

I wonder what the crank Hp estimate of that is......?

At any rate, these are impressive numbers and I really don't think Ford's engineers really forsaw folks taking the engine to this level. Or maybe they did. Who knows?

Don't sell your bird! Now that you've built a beuty, keep it!

Also I've got to complement your tuning skills the dyno chart looks ultra smooth!

I seen a post that Mansier made for a tubed roller chassis bird for $10,000.00
in the TBSCE part of this board.I think set up for roadrace.

Man I would hate to see you sell your SC.You havent tried to lighten your
SC up yet.You got another .4 to .5 sec. you can cut off in your time yet.

But your SC is on top so now is the time it would pull the biggest buck.

RANDY

Last edited:
What is with the corrected readings versus the SAE readings exactly? Does this have to do with automatics and torque converters fudging the #s?

talon660 said:
What is with the corrected readings versus the SAE readings exactly? Does this have to do with automatics and torque converters fudging the #s?

SAE correct HP and TQ corrects the HP produced to standard day atmospheric pressure, temperature, and humidity. Standard day temp is 15deg C or 59deg F and 29.92 inhg or 1013.2 mb.

When the temp is colder and the pressure is higher the engine has the ability to make more power as a result of the "better" condiditons. So the dyno corrects them back using a mathmatical formula. So when its cold out and we have high pressure in the area an engine will actually make more HP than it would on a standard day.

The day of these dyno pulls it was only about 40deg. That is one of the main reasons my ACTUAL HP #'s are about 20 more than SAE corrected. So if you can see that keeping the inlet temp down is one of the best ways to improve your engines performance. That is the reason I went with a liquid intercooler.

Chris

Killer numbers Chris...now that you've got the fuel and ignition problems corrected, 10.9 should be well within your reach.

BTW, are you off work on the 16th ? I'm thinking about driving across the state to KCIR to make a couple passes if the weather is nice. I know it's a long drive but I don't think I can wait until spring to get back on the track.

David

THAT'S NUTZ!!!!!!!!!!

I can not believe that an SC has that much Hp and torque. I have a SC with new sheets that show 291 HP and 359 torque. The torque is from the strocker motor I assume. Anyway, GREAT numbers and don't sell it. Someone will kill it and the dream is over.

Great year Chris....

Don

Congrats on those awesome numbers. Got a few questions for you though since I haven't been on the board much(I've read here in the past and just joined)..anyways, what's the race weight of your SC and is it lightened any? I would imagine you would do a great deal better than a 11.1 with that much power..I would also imagine traction is an issue for you.

Pantera?

Chris,

When you say you may be working up a mid-engined ZF transmission vehicle with a DOHC 4.6, you must be referring to a Pantera. I LOVE Panteras. I've seen quite a few around and sometimes they are reasonably priced. I like the 71-72s best I think.

I'm working up my own little pasta rocket this winter. I've got a Maserati Biturbo that's been sitting in the driveway waiting for it's turn. It's got a 2.5L twin turbo all aluminum OHC, 18 valve, V6, 5 speed ZF trans, RWD with IRS. The car weighs about 2500 lbs and with a good IC, is well capable of 300 rwhp. I may just get the thing together and sell it off. I can't afford two toys. But I think I would trade them all in for a Pantera.

A mod V-10 will fit the mn12 to. with lysholm screw.or Banks turbos bolt on kits.

Slysc : You wouldnt want a strong runnin Pantera, they make your neck sore.
From the traction they have.:cool:

RANDY

great job........

I like those #'s, but what did you find on your engine after the shoot out?? You were going to tell me, but you got so buzy that it must have slipped your mind.... If you want you can pm me if you don't want to post here... Again great job,. one more thing, Remember that crank we were talking about at the fire? did you find out anything?let me know on that as well....Rich

Yea?

Yea I was referring to a Pantera. It has been my dream car since I was old enough to know what one was. I want a nice show and go car and it fits the task. I also like the 71-72s as well. I haven't looked to hard yet because I can't afford to anymore.

Rich,

I haven't had a chance yet to inquire about the stroker kits. And if you can refresh my memory on what I was going to tell you I will be more than happy to. PM if you want I am just drawing a blank sorry.

Unless you are wanting to know what happend to my car at the shootout. I ended up detonating due to lack of fuel. It tuliped a couple valves and melted some aluminum off the head. I have all new ferrera valves and everything is back up and running as you can see.

Chris

Last edited:
I have an idea for you if you are into a full project. NASCAR drivers actually auction off their cars after the season is over for 5-10K, no engine and tranny of course. Get one of them and put some lights and blickers and you're all set. I know, not quite but look into it. The guy who won the Silver state Classic a few years back was driving Tony Stewart's previous years chassis.

Just a thought:D

Last edited:
Back