boost issue ..... is my guage inaccurate

stephens89sc

k well i have a ported 89-93 blower and a 10% pulley on it...... my guage sais i only get 11 psi max

its weird cause before te 10% pulley it seemed to read the same .... i know this blower can produce alot more than that cause i bought it from a guy in the club and he has it profesionally ported by some shop .... he was getting i belive 15 or maybe more with a 10% but im only getting 11....

im getting a full guage cluster for xmas :D autometer pro comp ultralight , boost, fuel pressure, oil pressure, air fuel, and a moster tach

so maybe when i get those the autometer guage will read totally different...... any ideas guys ?

btw i gave a supercharged 5.0 cobra a good spanking on the highway the other day haha my motor has now broken in so i felt like trying it lol funny as hell i just kept pullin him in 4th gear to then i slowed down after i hit 170kmph and he blew by me .... i guess he wants to killl himself at 200kmph oh well not my problem

Put a zip tie around the hose connector, maybe its leaking or at pressure coming out of a small hole or gash in the line. Put a vacuum/boost pump up to it (the one from Autozone, do you have them there?)

You spanked a 'charged snake, eh? That was my friends car and he was only running four cylinders cause he blew the others last week.
laugh2.gif

i dont think it was ur frends car man this guy was runnin on all 8 trust me i heard it so did my buddy that was behind us in his car he came bombing up to me from behind and was right on my *** so i dropped a gear and stopmed it and i kept pullin him till i finally braked at like 170 and then he blew by me

i know he was runnin on all 8 i know what a stang sounds like and this one sounded awsome it was a silver one and btw i dont know where u live but im in canada in vancouver most of the guys on this board are from the US, so i dont Know if ur buddy is in the US or here

a supercharged V8 5.0 will blow your boat out of the water:rolleyes:, you'll never keep even, his car will keep pulling steadily to like 160mph or so, by then you'll blow a rod or something:D . Oh yea there was some ramble of some boost issue:confused:

actually i blew him away and u wouldnt know how fast my car is cause u only know about 1/2 of the things ive done to it, when mission raceway opens again for the season i'll post my timeslip and maybe ur opinion will be different :D

Last edited:
Back