I test drove an '03 Cobra today....

I thought that the car would just run like a raped ape, but it did not really make all kinds of noise or feel like it was heads and shoulders over my 2K Mustang GT. I know that it is about 2 full seconds faster than my stock Mustang, but I really couldn't feel it. I hammered it hard through first and second. That supercharger really has a nice sound to it. Although this car is a BEAST, I think I will just keep my GT since I will be crafting a 12 second Supercoupe anyway.:D

DIRTYBIRD91

I would suspect part throttle response of the cobra would be light years ahead of the gt.Any stock gt that Ive driven ,including my own ,feels really sluggish unless I was at wot and upshifting at 6000rpm( due to the non existent torque) kws6000

Toms-SC said:
I would suspect part throttle response of the cobra would be light years ahead of the gt.Any stock gt that Ive driven ,including my own ,feels really sluggish unless I was at wot and upshifting at 6000rpm( due to the non existent torque) kws6000

I don't know, I guess I should drive it again!:D Seriously, I think you should go out and test drive one Tom. They are very lenient right now because they have to move them out for the '04's:cool:
Dirtybird91

I wished it was that way here. I tried and they wanted to do a credit check and for me to sign a commitment to buy just to test drive....sucks

SC8990 said:
I wished it was that way here. I tried and they wanted to do a credit check and for me to sign a commitment to buy just to test drive....sucks

That really does suck Dude! They used to be like that over here, but they are desperate right now in Bristol Tn. Cobras are just rotting on the lot!:eek:

Dirtybird91

Up here,if you want to test drive a cobra,you buy it first.There is just one sitting on a lot here(city of approx 900000)

Come to Milw. Wis...

The svt dealer near my house has 10 cobra's and 15 trucks all for sale. He even still has two new 02 svt trucks sitting. A check of the other two dealers will give you a total of 17 more cobra's and a hand full of trucks... The 04's are out so there should be some dealing going on around here....Rich

last day at the track this year, i seen what looked and sounded stock 03 cobra doing 12.10s. very impressive i thought.

Back