Help on code 74,77,22

ShawnSC1

Can anyone help me out on these codes. What should I look for, and what do they mean.

#74-Brake on/off(BOO) switch fault.
#77-Operator error during dynamic response tes.
#22-manifold absolute pressure(MAP)or BARO senor out of range.

#74-Brake on/off(BOO) switch fault.
#77-Operator error during dynamic response tes.
#22-manifold absolute pressure(MAP)or BARO senor out of range.

74 and 77 are mistakes you made while running KOER test, ignore them.
22 means the BAP sensor is testing out of range, meaning you either have some bad wiring or connections to that sensor or the sensor itself is bad.
Make sure the vent nipple on the BAP sensor is open to atmosphere and is not capped or plugged off or connected to a vac hose.

Great thanks Mike.

One stupid question. The BAP sensor is the little box that sits on the pass. side cowl right, or am I wrong. I should know all of this by now LOL.

Its the small black sensor mounted on the pass side cowl, it has wires going to it and it looks like it should have a vac hose hooked up to it because it has a hose nipple sticking out on it.
Make sure the wires are hooked up and working properly, then make sure there is no hose,cap or plug on that nipple.
If you need a pic of it let me know and I'll post one.

I was ready to order the BAP sensor, and then thought I would pull the plug on the BAP. So when I did that the car ran rough, and wouldn't staying running. Also smelt alot of fumes. Does that mean the BAP sensor is OK. That little nipple is not caped off.

Could it be posible, that we did the KOEO test wrong. It says something like after you do KOEO test, then you have to do the timming check before you do the KOER test. Is that true? When I got the above codes, they were in the KOEO test.
22-KOEO
74,77-KOER

Now for the problem I am having, is that the engine light stays on. But the car runs great. It use to come on when it got warm. But now it stays on all the time. Maybe somebody has had the same problem.

Well, if you got the BAP code and the light is on, that's probably your problem. I had to replace mine, too. The light would come on whenever, but the car would run great. Picked up the replacement at Advance for $30 I think.

Back