Brake light indicator on dash

hytorksc

Mine seems to flash on and off for intermittent periods (not consistent), like 10 seconds at a time.

Does this mean my brake pads or brake light is out and needs changing or is this indicating the master cylinder is going bad? Does anyone know if this means anything or is it a broken switch on the emergency brake?

sounds like.....

Your master will need some help,,,,Check your fluid level first, then look to see where the fluid iis going.. I had one that did this when I would brake or turn hard,low fluid, but then I had to find the leak...turned out it was the rear brake, fixed it and all better now...Good luck......Rich

was that the trouble???

Let us know if and what it was, this will also help others as well. Glad to help, that is what this is all about......Rich

No leaks, fluid was full. The brakes themselves seem to be working normally- no strange behavior yet. I did notice that if i raise the emergency brake and release it after the light pops on it will go out then. I wonder if it has anything to do with the switch on the EB.

sounds like it

Put it on and see if the same light is coming on. Also next time it is on put your foot under it and give it a slight pull up and see if that takes care of the light.....Rich

Back