Anyone good with Adobe Photoshop?

89SCK@t

I have been tying to use Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for like 3 months now, and I just don't get it...I feel utterly useless...well, not really. I can do html, Dreamweaver, FrontPage, Unix, Linux, and the hardest one of all, Windows, but I just can't get Adobe...Good thing I didn't pay for it. Is there anyone willing to help me out here? I guess a program with too many options is bad for me...

stephen

i'm decent with it, i love playing around with the effects, it took me a week of solid practice b4 i saw something decent, it is huge. I made my sig, which is actually my car on a bright sunny day in my driveway. what do you need help with?

just getting 2 or 3 pics to merge together to create a banner for my sig as well. but again, i dont know how to use it...i remember the days when paintshop was the poop. oh well, those days of being 8 and actually being able to use a program are long gone...

the biggest difficulty i have is with the layer thing...

stephen

hey

i just made my sig today. first time i ever used it, it took awhile to get used to all the features but i figured how to work it out

Re: hey

super red91 said:
i just made my sig today. first time i ever used it, it took awhile to get used to all the features but i figured how to work it out

you had to rub it in...didnt you?! :D im still working with it...im about to just uninstall the program...if windows didnt make it so hard to remove programs....now where was it? start, run...control panel....add or remove programs.......

stephen

ok to layer...

1) open a pic
2) open another
3) paste 1 pic over top of the other
4) look to right (the toolbar that has layer/channels/paths
5) click on the labels tab
6) click the arrow on the opacity tab
7) move the slider bar (you'll see the pic change so you can see the one under neath

that'll get you started it took me a while b4 i found that thing, but it helped a ton, from there you can crop certain areas out of one or the other.

tip: under the layers tab in the toolbar to the right, you can click from layer to layer, and change individual pic w/o disrupting the other. to finalize the layers and add finising touches, click on layer in the top toolbar, and look for flatten image, click that and it will merge the layers together.

it's kind of a huge explanation for just about everything in that program, tye photshop tuturials(sp?) into yahoo and that should help you too.

They key is use of layers and opacity and how you can impact one layer by what appears to be initially odd changes to another.

I'd recommend starting with JASC PaintShop Pro first. A little more intuitive, and less complex than Adobe. But similar ideas are necessary and it's less of a resource hog so you can get things done a little quicker.

Once you get comfortable with that, then move on to your Adobe software.

Also check out The Screen Savers on TechTV if you get that channel. They often have Bert Monroy on showing different tricks with PhotoShop. Here is a link to one and at the bottom of the page are a bunch of links to others.

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/answerstips/story/0,24330,3526122,00.html

Back