Anyone have problem w/ SCP custom chip??

MarineMustanger

I just got my Super Coupe Perfomance custom chip today and installed it......my car runs like $%$#% now. I took it back out and it runs fine. At least the new fan settings worked.....but the car felt severely retarded.....it would hardly rev while in gear, and bog down if you gave it gas.

I left Bill a message, so hopefully tomorrow we can work this out and I can get a correct chip.

anyone have problem w scp custom chip

How long did you run it? It takes a while for the engine and computer to get set to the chip. Tim

you stripped all the goo off the contacts right? i put a diablo chip in my friends Exploder and spent about 15min stripping the crap off. just make sure it is clean and shiney gold(bling bling).

joseph

When I intalled my Jerry chip on my 95 sc, I thought the same thing. WTF was going on. But realized that I had to scrap all that crap off and get the gold part of the connectors (bling, bling). Then start it and let it run for a bit to relearn. Not only that but the computer is learning for like the next 50 times the car is started.

I used sandpaper to scrap the goo and most of the silver coating off, then the green pad supplied to get it down to shiny copper. There should be no issue with the connector making a good contact.

I ran it for about 10-15 min in around town driving, and then let in sit for about an hour. I then ran it again for about 10-15 minutes on the same route. It acted the same the entire time: no power, felt like timing severly retarded, would buck and kick if I tried to give it too much gas at one time. It started and idled fine, though!

I talked to Bill at SCP, and he said he called Brian (at Apten), and that Brian would call me about it.

We'll see......

Back