lowering car

aplvlydrtybird

hey everybody, im going to be lowering my car 1 1/2 inches eibach springs, and i was wondering what shock i should go with that are cheap and will handle well, i dont want to pay alot but what are some good ones, just want to hear some ideas thanks.

Keith

aplvlydrtybird said:
hey everybody, im going to be lowering my car 1 1/2 inches eibach springs, and i was wondering what shock i should go with that are cheap and will handle well, i dont want to pay alot but what are some good ones, just want to hear some ideas thanks.

Keith

i have Eibachs...you probably know already..that you have the electronic shocks...only replacement for them and retain the adjustable function is Tokico or OE. If you want to defeat the function, www.shox.com go for the Bilsteins..319$ for the set plus shipping. Or Tokico illumas, though from what i have read the Illumas are valved softer than Ford OE Sport Rate which i run.

joseph

what should i use then paul

u say dotn go with the stock shocks, well then what do you suggest, i am on a budget for a while, im only 18 and am working on putting the engine in as well, ym springs should be here in about a month and a half...

dont use the i stocks they are to soft and floaty

Translation: Don't use the stock shocks unless you want it to ride the same as it does now.

I happen to like the stock ride, so it wasn't a tough choice.

David

Keith,

I would use eibach springs with Tokico shocks. The ride is perfect!

That is what I have on mine and I got the springs and shocks from www.shox.com. They have best pricing but you might have to wait awhile before you get your order.

Thomas

Last edited:
Back