PDA

View Full Version : expalnation of perverted blower

mannysc
05-22-2002, 12:25 PM
as you know the blower system on our cars needs major improvements..... what ive done is removed the biggest hp blockers the blowertop the ic tubes the ic and the restrictive intakes,, ,, ive turned the blower upside down so air comes in thru my new intake less bends bigger pipe ...this new intake has a bypass which I made to operate much as stock setup does ,,,,bypass boost at low speeds to lesson stress on blower and run under normaly asperated mode,,,,, this upside down mounting required me to make a plenum on top of lower intake for blower to mount to and house a small water to air ic,,,,,,now the air comes in thru my new intake is compressed in blower and blown straight into the lower intake which has more direct flow into head ports ,,, and a optional propane injection which will lower intake charge to -65 at intake port and raise octane to 102-103..,. just a fast explanation... thanks for reading expected benifit on stock sc---around 275 hp ........on moded motor bigger injectors tb unit mass ported heads thats where this setup shines........ if you want the ultimate .........you can use a whipple and a raised top lower intake......... mine is made to clear the hood I will make one for all out hp later but wont fit under hood :hat ps to make this setup make more than 275 requires good exhaust system all mods to car should start with exh and work from there....

RonzSC
05-22-2002, 04:57 PM
Thanks Manny for the explanation...
Basically, I get it.

mercury65
05-22-2002, 10:25 PM
i dont get it

Mandis Tbird
05-23-2002, 02:33 AM
I don't get it either.....lol

Manny, I am trying to picture this set-up, but the thing is, I CAN'T. Perhaps you are not explaining it good enough, or I am having a true blonde moment over here.

Mandi =0)

RonzSC
05-23-2002, 02:39 AM
The part that I get is that it is supposed to work better because he closed all these air gaps...I guess?

Mandis Tbird
05-23-2002, 03:01 AM
LOl--I STILL don't get it. =0(

Mandi =0)

hwycoper
05-23-2002, 03:23 AM
Sounds interesting, especially the propane injection. I know there are a lot diesel's modified to use propane to get the same effect as NOS for a gasoline engine. I can't wait to see this set up at the Bakersfield meet.

Mark

mannysc
05-23-2002, 10:48 AM
Im haveing a blond day Im gonna bleach my hair blond ... have to make a double batch to match . my wife is blond and says blond jokes are not cool ,,,, ive learned the hard way blonds are really smart scary smart ,, new world order???

al35thsc
05-23-2002, 11:10 AM
only smart blonde is a golden retriever...lol j/k, seriosuly, i can pisture it somehow, but thats cuz i've seen pictures of it...maybe if u guys take a look at them youd be able to visualize it better

al

2TonSuperChicken
05-23-2002, 11:40 AM
your set up no longer has an intercooler basically? correct? it blows straight into the intake manifold?

mannysc
05-23-2002, 11:57 AM
it has a small fuel cooler 1/2 inch thick 7x5 so it dont take up much room,, + using mercury 65s watercooled blower to get temps down,, good enuff for street the propane is for getting it on and only comes on over 8 lbs boost or 12 its adjustable

al35thsc
05-23-2002, 09:34 PM
perverted blower eh...i think i already ahve one of those...it got it from me

al=pervert

RonzSC
05-24-2002, 02:40 AM
Cowboy...Huh?
Do you understand the blower thing?

al35thsc
05-24-2002, 11:57 AM
yeah, basically it runs like the ones on the lightnings and new harley davidson f 150's...it doesn't go through any tubes, it just sucks it up through air ducts...mafs then throttle body and pushes it in directly to the engine...it is cooled by a cooler in between the blower and manifold...the bypass is only so the car isn't constantly running under boost, thus releaving stress on the blower and hg's....it diverts the air from the blower out when it doesnt use it and in when it needs it

kinda simple i think

al

mannysc
05-24-2002, 12:17 PM
ooh god alex is that what it does.i thought it only looked neat ..alex thats exactly what it does...cool my son thinks like me ... were in big trouble!!!!!!lol

al35thsc
05-24-2002, 01:08 PM
well they say great minds think a like....must be the same fo rminds like ours eh manny :)

al

mannysc
05-24-2002, 02:17 PM
alex were you abducted by aleins too?????o]

al35thsc
05-24-2002, 04:51 PM
no, but at times i swear my sc was...it does some pretty freaky things...i have had this for a while....i free revv the engine and whenit comes down, it goes all the way to like 4oo rpms and kinda wants to die but recovers....it only does that when i first turn the car off...sometimes also when its been running but very rarely....im begining to think the stored tps code is real, i might look into it

al