need help with these codes

cstemm

I have codes 51 53 54 34? any help? I have a new water temp sensor, and a new tps. perhaps the tps is not adjusted right? how do you adjust a tps? thanks chris

Your car is getting too hot.

Do a compression check and see if your head gaskets are good. All codes are out of test maximum range this means they are exceeding the temp allowed by the EEC for the car to run correct..
How is your thermostat? new old stock? code 34 defective DPFE sensor. IT IS broken or not hooked up. this is the sensor that relays a signal to let the EEC know that the EGR is open. DO you have EGR? good luck.

Have you done a compression test lately.

I only ask because MY old motor would run with two bad cylinders some times for two hours sometimes 1 hour depending on outside temp Crazy I know but true. IT would run even with bad HGs coolant was getting in and the EEC would sense this and the car would not start for a good 1/2 hour to a 1 hour untill it dried up. Then it would start and run again tiil the pressure from the coolant became too much for the EEC to overcome. If the thermostat was just replaced then I would rule that out.

The DPFE sensor is next to the EGR towards the driver side. there should be a electrical connecter going to it on the bottom and a hose underneath of it that goes to the bottom Of Egr not the top that is for a vacume hose. Reads like your electric connector is not hooked up or the Dpfe sensor is bad. They have been know to melt down form extreme exhaust temps. The conectors get toasted. so check it out. good luck. beware of false codes I was also getting a code 24 ACT out of test range . I ran my codes today and it did not come back I am guessing it was because it was so cold out side as soon as I warmed up the engine the codes went away.

Back