Very early notice -- GHMA Mosport track day 2004

fast Ed

Hey guys

Got an e-mail today from Steve Mason, Golden Horseshoe Mustang Association, about their annual track day at Mosport International Raceway. They have set the date as Wednesday, June 16, 2004. The cost will be the same as this year, $175.00, which is pretty good value for the amount of seat time you will get over the course of the day (several hours). This event will be open to all Ford - Lincoln - Mercury vehicles.

Here is Steve's message copied and pasted :

Hello fellow Drivers and wannabees;

The date has been picked for next years "Mustang Track Day" at Mosport !

Wednesday June 16th, 2004

Mark your calendars now !
No excuses you didn't get enought notice !
Please forward this to anyone I may have missed, and post it on Club Websites also.

Format will remain as per last year, and so far costs remain unchanged at $175.00

Pass the word and lets make this another unforgetable Event !

Best Regards
Steve Mason
Race Director
Golden Horseshoe Mustang Assoc.
www.ghma.on.ca

Steve's e-mail is : steve_mason@norampac.com

I will repost about this next year as the date gets a bit closer, and try to encourage as many people as we can to come out for this, even if just to spectate and get rides in some of the instructors' cars. Just ask Jim Prince, Denis Morin, or Paul Milawski, you don't know what you're missing until you experience it first - hand. CAUTION ... VERY addictive !!

cheers
Ed N.

June 16th, eh?!

...I think I should be ready by then. :D

I'm seriously looking forward to getting into some of this shiznit!!!

Thanks very much for the heads-up, Ed!

Cheers,

Sean

Mosport

Damn right I'm in!

Hey guys,
We need more Super Coupes at this event. They look better than any Mustang anyways but don't tell the Mustang guys I said this.

Last year the Lightnings were terrorizing "most" of the Mustangs on track (They get really freaked out when they see that big grill in their rear view mirror), now this year let's add Super Coupes to the mix.

LOL

Denis:D

Just bumping this thread to the top, since it's now only about 6 weeks away !!

I had some front-end bushing in less than top shape when I was at this event last year, but that's fixed now .. so I'll probably be pushing a bit harder this year. :D

Also, the SVTOA event will be at Cayuga this year rather than Shannonville, dates for that are July 24 -25. www.svtoa-toronto.ca ... open to all Ford family vehicles.

cheers
Ed N.

Umm, it hurt in the wallet, but I'm thinking my car is just about ready for this!!! ...And at $175, it sounds like it is well worth the trip for the day!!!

Ed, please count me in for this. I'll just have to double-check the schedule to ensure I'll be in town (from work), and I'll see about booking it off.

Best regards,

Sean

Speaking with the organizer, Steve Mason, today. This event is filled for registrations. So if you were thinking about doing a last-minute deal, you're S.O.L.

Spectators are welcome, and being an instructor I can give rides to anyone there who would like to come along.

cheers,
Ed N.

Back