Trunk Mounted Battery

Brandon

I am thinking about mounting my battery in the trunk. What is a good kit to use? I want something that of course works well, but also looks the part to, without getting into major money. I plan to take the car to the track, so I assume I'll have to have an exterior "push off" switch. Do you guys have any tips or tricks for this kind of install? Pics would be nice too. Thanks

do a battery search, some of the guys just switched to a low weight battery.. think it weighs like 11 pounds instead of 30... mounts in stock location.

Paul

Try Summit , they have..

A fairly good kit that IS nhra legal. Most of the stuff you will need can be had there....BUT be sure you hook it up per the instructions....Rich

They our very tuff at the track when it comes to trunk mount battery's. I have heard a different story every track I go. I disconnect is essential and must be clearly labeled.

Items that I was told by officals that are conflicting:

I was told that gel filled batteries DO NOT require a box.

Offical at M.A.R said all batteries need a box. They will ask you to open the box at most places.

Battery must be held down with solid mounts. If J-hooks are used from the bottom tray they must be welded closed or bolted from the bottom of trunk.

Disconnect must shut car off when running, usually require 2 pole switch. Mounting the switch in our cars is also complicated because of the trunk.

It is more than spending $49.99 for the taylor relocation kit if you plan to race.

Gary

Back