adj fuel pressure regulator

aplvlydrtybird

hey i was wondering i have a 91 sc and i have an adj fuel rpessure regulator and stock injectors and i was wondering how many pounds of pressure should i run it at, i have a guage hooked up and everything too...i wanna run it higher than stock but not too high to f up the injectors. thanks guys

Why do you want to raise the fuel pressure? This aint no Honda, you get no benafit from raising the fuel pressure.

sorry

i got the adj fuel pressure regulator and was wondering what psi to run it at, i still ahve a few questions about the sc before i put her back together, so i was just asking, i figured if i put a lil bit more fuel in there, it would be good, guess nto, doesnt anyone know what pressure to run at, was it supposed to be around 60?

dont do it

Many Many people including myself have made that mistake.

The computer will lean out the fuel if you jack the pressure up. Called adaptive learning. Also, 99% of those damn things will fail withing a matter of months. So even if you decide you still want to do it, plan on replacing it with a ford unit soon.

Chris

Set it to 40 psi with the vacuum hose off.

Adjustable regulators are good for tweaking those finicky high powered SCs, but do have have a reputation for sticking and leaking unless you get a quality remote mount universal that is designed for high pressure.

I've had four that failed in less than two years and now use the stock regulator.

David

Maybe I've just been lucky but I've had my Kirban billet AFPR for a couple years and no problems.

IMHO the main advantage with an AFPR is not for tuning, but for running the injectors at 42.5psi like they were designed for, instead of the stock pressure which is about 10% lower (39psi?). Higher pressure gives better atomization of the fuel. Is that worth the $80 and work to install it, maybe...

yea

i think it is cause the engine isnt in the car, and its all in pieces so it wasn't too hard to install:) thanks for the advice guys

i have a kirban and i've happy with it so far. If the car is stock then there was no need. I'm running a nitrous kit and its nice to have a little flexibility with fuel pressure. When running nitrous i found the best pressure to be around 41-42psi. Otherwise keep it stock at around 39psi static. Remember that the fuel pressure raised 1psi for every psi of boost. So at 0psi the pressure will be 39psi......at 12psi boost the pressure should be near 52psi. I'm assuming you know how to set static pressure.

yeah i figure the afpr would be nice to have if you look at my member page you can see waht is all being done, so i figure with the new fuel pump and all the other lil goodies it wouldnt hurt, but who knows what i'll do in the future to her, thanks again for the advice!

Back