Cone Filter?

ThunderStruckSC

I'm trying to eliminate my air box by just having a K&N Air Filter (Cone). Does anyone know what 9" Filter, either part # or diameter to use?

Not sure what diameter cone filter you will need. To get some kind of idea you will have to measure the MAF inlet diameter. You may have to fashion up some adapter between the MAF and the cone filter. I would also think you would need to support the whole assembly some how.
Hope this helps you some.

Bryan

You might ask a mod to move this to technical/non-technical to see if you get more anwers. Or you can just post there.

Well obviously we don't know............So I would do as JJ suggested and take this to the Technical section. With all of the great minds there I'm sure someone will know.

Bryan

I bought the 9 inch one off of supercoupepeformance.com. It fits but it was tight. It worked fine with my stock maf and works fine with my C&L 76mm maf. I still have the stock intake tube too.

Hope that helps

I'm 95% sure that the inlet is 3.5" diameter. BTW, I have a stainless steel intake tube setup that will work with the cone filter when you find it. You would need to polish it. Here's a picture.

Kurt, is that a double IC?
Nope, that is an old-skool, Spearco replica that was offered by SCCoA about 6 or 7 years ago. Damn, I've been sinking money into this car for a long time :rolleyes:

I basically had every available bolt-on except I still had the stock TB and 30 lb injectors.
Hey, I just noticed my website isn't up-to-date as usual, but in this case it makes my life a little easier.
Click Here and look under current mods, then ignore anything 2002 and newer.

Back