need help w/ automatic shoulder belt on 89

j rick kirby

Yeah it went back when I got in and closed the door but will not go forward when I open the door.The passenger side works ok.Give me some ideas and stuff to check. Thanks alot guys.

I just read about this not to long ago, in the manual that came with the car. I don't have access to it right now, but the car manual does address this issue. I will check when I get home tonight, if you or someone else hasn't figured it out at that point.

All I remember is that there is suppose to be service panel of some short inside of the car on rear back panels.

Does the belt attempt to move but can not? Do any warning lights or chimes go off when driving with the belt disconnected?

The pinpoint chart for this says either a wiring problem, front limit switch problem, or door switch problem.

Does the dome light come on when you open the door?

if you need one...

I have one that you could buy if your is bad. Give me a e-mail at bruhn@execpc.com and we can deal. Look under the rear cover in the back and look if everything is good. I had one where the slidder brokeand was doing the same thing as you said you have....Rich

Back